FPS drops in my Home Plate mod

Hello Aloot! I agree with my lovely wife SigynX1 and chucksteel, that is is completely relative to what your PC can handle. That coupled with settings (High, Low, Ultra, etc...) I dont think my PC is crazy powerful or anything (2 year old generation of CPU a bit overclocked, with 1 new 1080) and settings on Ultra. I see: outside in Diamond city about 50 on average with dips to 45 and peaks to 60 (capped there). Upstairs in Aloot was 45-60, Downstairs and the basement were both a pretty steady 45 fps. In the end there is likely always optimization, but it is what you have your PC tuned for. I have 238 mods, many of which are merge packs I created to keep the count low, otherwise the count would be 423. :-) And the same ENB as the lovely SigynX1's and fps is pretty steady. I do see issues with FPS in some mods at times (mostly outdoors if I have to many vertibirds, etc...), but having experienced both Aloot's Home Plate and Bandwidthbob's Concord Vault-tec office neither of these give me any trouble with FPS.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup:

I'm going to be looking into these optimization techniques regardless at this point so I can learn something new. I've actually gotten some dips in fps myself when walking or looking down the first-floor stretch inside Home Plate. It's only when I have an enb enabled, but that kinda bothers me, since Home Plate is a small interior. If there is anything I can do, even if it is small in effect, I'd like to implement it.

I'd be happy to test it to give a comparison on a separate PC, if you like. I also had one person mention a FPS drop on my mod, and I've been pointed in the direction of attempting to fix it, with Occlusion Planes, Portals and Room Markers.

Happy to give you a report on the performance of your mod, if you like, just let me know.

By all means, if you're willing, give it a go. Furthermore, if you fix your own mod, please share how. I'll have to learn about Occlusion Planes, Portals and Room Markers. :laugh:

Thank you.

So I took a quick look around. Outside is a steady 60FPS. Once inside, it sits at 60FPS, and as soon as I walk towards the security doors, it drops drastically, to around 35-45FPS. I'm guessing it's because it's trying to render everything in the next part of the cell behind those doors.

That said, if I wasn't running FRAPS, I never would have noticed to be honest. If you're still wanting to do it, you could definitely look at doing some optimisation. I'm going to give it a go too, so if I figure it all out, I'll definitely let you know, and if you get there first, I'd appreciate whatever feedback you could offer. Otherwise, on the whole, the level runs fine -- and, you've done an amazing job. Great work there!

adding Roombounds and portals would help the issue. They are fairly simple to add (Once you get the hang of them.). Just watch the Beth youtub tutorial for FO3 on Optimization, the system in the same in FO4 and I don't know if they ever put one out for skyrim.

I'd be happy to test it to give a comparison on a separate PC, if you like. I also had one person mention a FPS drop on my mod, and I've been pointed in the direction of attempting to fix it, with Occlusion Planes, Portals and Room Markers.

Happy to give you a report on the performance of your mod, if you like, just let me know.

By all means, if you're willing, give it a go. Furthermore, if you fix your own mod, please share how. I'll have to learn about Occlusion Planes, Portals and Room Markers. :laugh:

Thank you.

So I took a quick look around. Outside is a steady 60FPS. Once inside, it sits at 60FPS, and as soon as I walk towards the security doors, it drops drastically, to around 35-45FPS. I'm guessing it's because it's trying to render everything in the next part of the cell behind those doors.

That said, if I wasn't running FRAPS, I never would have noticed to be honest. If you're still wanting to do it, you could definitely look at doing some optimisation. I'm going to give it a go too, so if I figure it all out, I'll definitely let you know, and if you get there first, I'd appreciate whatever feedback you could offer. Otherwise, on the whole, the level runs fine -- and, you've done an amazing job. Great work there!

Yeah, that's similar to how it performs for me while using an enb. I'm currently working on replacing those doors with sliding ones, but I need to rework their uv maps. After that I will be implementing some portals and room bounds, as ChuckSteel just pointed out.

As far as noticing the drops, lol, at this point my eyes are like a hawk's. Anything below 50 fps and I can definitely see it immediately. I actually don't even need an fps counter. I'm pretty good at telling what the count is on my own. It's a total curse, because it's turned me into a performance snob. Hard to enjoy much of anything without obsessing over performance and fps. With the whole state of hardware and gaming architecture, I'd say it's a bad time to be picky. :laugh:

Thanks again!