• 2 weeks later...

What I've done:

- installed and activated the True Reporter outfit mod

- opened in CK as active file

- changed the content of the existing piper outfit

- checked pipers preview if she wore the new outfit -> she did

- started the game -> still vanilla outfit

So what did I do wrong?

I'm assuming you loaded a save before the mod was installed? In that case piper's outfit was already set. You could either add the item via console, recruit her, trade and equip it to her, then let her go or keep her recruited. Alternately you could use the console to give the item directly to her and equip it.

Inventories for already spawned npc's aren't updated when mods are changed unless it changes the form id of existing items. The mod mentioned adds new items not modifying existing ones.

Did the mod work in game before you changed it?

Did you remember to alter the Fallout4Custom.ini file?

I think the mod worked, yes.

Alter the ini file? I changed something after the first time I used NMM, because the software told me so. I don't know about anything else.

What I've done:

So what did I do wrong?

I'm assuming you loaded a save before the mod was installed? In that case piper's outfit was already set. You could either add the item via console, recruit her, trade and equip it to her, then let her go or keep her recruited. Alternately you could use the console to give the item directly to her and equip it.

Inventories for already spawned npc's aren't updated when mods are changed unless it changes the form id of existing items. The mod mentioned adds new items not modifying existing ones.

That might be the explantion. Sadly, I cannot even open the console. I'm using a german keyboard and none of the suggested keys (actually no key at all) works. I've tried to change the layout to english and I've added the line "bAllowconsole=1" to my .ini file but nothing works.

That might be the explantion. Sadly, I cannot even open the console. I'm using a german keyboard and none of the suggested keys (actually no key at all) works. I've tried to change the layout to english and I've added the line "bAllowconsole=1" to my .ini file but nothing works.

If you're playing on survival, or the game is flagged for that mode, then the only way to get the console back is a mod that forces it enabled. The ini setting is ignored with survival mode turned on and only affects the game for all the other difficulty settings.

What I've done:

So what did I do wrong?

This is correct, I found out for myself when removing Gage's eyepatch.