Let's fix the BIGGEST issue in this game. It's too easy, or to

insatiablelust

Morrowind and Oblivion were also pretty exploitable. Morrowind had alchemy, and Oblivion had enchanting and chameleon. This sort of thing is inevitable with crafting systems. If you want a challenge, create a new character and don't level sneak, enchant, speech, or smithing very high. That should help until the CS comes out. Edited by Tyrannus007

If I see ONE more person claim "this game is easy!", and exploit the crafting, I will bang my head into the wall so hard ....

The game is fine. It got ONE exploit, and it seem everybody uses it and then claim the game is easy. Jesus!

Sorry for raging, but it comes a post every day about it. "This game is easy. All I did was to exploit it to oblivion!". No s***? /facepalm

If I see ONE more person claim "this game is easy!", and exploit the crafting, I will bang my head into the wall so hard ....

The game is fine. It got ONE exploit, and it seem everybody uses it and then claim the game is easy. Jesus!

Sorry for raging, but it comes a post every day about it. "This game is easy. All I did was to exploit it to oblivion!". No s***? /facepalm

dude, you got the wrong definition of an exploit. An exploit for example ranges from simple things to the fortify archery potion (which fortifies all other weapon skills 130 % as wel1l, but shouldn't)

to using the duplicate item's glitch (lol skyrim has one too!)

Using enchanting or smithing or alchemy isn't an exploit. if you ONLY level enchanting as a crafting skill, you can easily achieve 160 % dmg increase on any wep skill, which is so broken its silly.

Now using fortify alchemy pots made from fortify alchemy enchants(don

t forget throwing fortify smiting pots and enchants to the mix, you can easily make weps do 500% extra dmg)? Brings it up 188%. You don't exploit normal mechanics. Don't the fortify buffs exist for a reason? Yes they do. THey are unbalanced, therefor the game is too easy, or rather-unbalanced. there needs to be a mod that correctly tones down the OP craafting skills and sneak, and correctly buffs the opponents. Do you actually disagree? Isn't that what this forum is for? Sorry bud, some of us actually enjoy crafting systems too much to totally neglect using them. That's not an excuse at all

Edited by insatiablelust

To be honest, I find it incredibly easy just maxing out any particular combat skill. Pretty much all of them are ridiculously easy once you get a few perks put into them.

Archery especially is ludicrously easy. Even on master mode you walk through with (and my guy isn't maxed out) 15% crit/2x damage/3xsneak damage/+30% bow draw time/An Ebony bow and pretty much any enchantment ... or not...

2 shots kills anything apart from bosses. The game was pretty over for my archer by about level 30ish by the time he got 35 it was insanely overpowered.

I'd love to see a good balance mod that changes a lot of the skills or beefs up the monsters somehow. The AI is godawful, Arcano (spelling?) and his punching is one good example.

Unfortunately skyrim has gone along the same path as so many other games. It's another wonderous marvel of the persuit of graphics. But the gameplay blows once you spend a few hours on it.

Edited by thefinn

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone considered just turning up the difficulty? I'm playing on hard, and despite using the training follower "exploit" to level archery and hitting level 9 before I left the first village, I still get two shot by some of the quest/dungeon bosses. But have never gotten to a point where I felt like the proper use of strategy and some skill wouldn't enable me to advance. I'm playing as a heavy armoured mage/archer, and despite using sneak when I can for first hits and then go in for battle. I do not exploit long range shots, nor do I really find many situations to actually use that exploit w/ all the close quarters fights in dungeons. I think the game difficulty is fairly good atm, not perfect, but certainly providing challenge for those who want it.

Anyone considered just turning up the difficulty? I'm playing on hard, and despite using the training follower "exploit" to level archery and hitting level 9 before I left the first village, I still get two shot by some of the quest/dungeon bosses. But have never gotten to a point where I felt like the proper use of strategy and some skill wouldn't enable me to advance. I'm playing as a heavy armoured mage/archer, and despite using sneak when I can for first hits and then go in for battle. I do not exploit long range shots, nor do I really find many situations to actually use that exploit w/ all the close quarters fights in dungeons. I think the game difficulty is fairly good atm, not perfect, but certainly providing challenge for those who want it.

Lol! DERP! dude. read the above posts. I, like other posters here, have it on master difficulty. I don't think Anyone would say the game is too easy if they haven't turned the difficulty setting up.

The game IS too easy. this is something that happened in Morrowind and Oblivion too. once you use crafting as it's been designed to be used(what some keep calling exploiting but is in fact just common sense, whereby someone would have to be a complete idiot not to figure out). the mobs are just too underpowered/lack enough health points to pose any sort of real threat. once you get over level 30, with appropriate level weapons/armour/skills there is just nothing that poses a threat. i first killed a dragon while nude(didn't use enchanting/smithing/alchemy until late 40's early 50's) at level 34 with a bow and one-handed glass sword and no guards/followers.lol! this is because i know how the elderscroll games work so i can use that to my advantage, just like crafting, but i suppose people would say THAT'S an exploit too!

mobs/bosses badly need to be buffed.better skills, more health, more powerful spells, better heals. also, yes, the AI badly needs working on.

Edited by flickdbean

Validify? Its validate.

I'm wondering if insatiablelust is playing the same game I am. I have over 100 hours and I'm at level 41. Smithing is at 100, but haven't seen much more than 50% increase in damage or armour.

And BTW, you character is Dovakiin. Dragonborn. A hero. You're supposed to be stronger than everyone else.

My only change to learning armour as a perk would be to change it so you have to learn it from an NPC at the end of a quest. Makes more sense to me.

After reading every post on this thread, im finding people using glitches and exploits, no wonder your not getting any fun out of it while exploiting the game.

I lol'd.

You mistook what they are saying. They are saying that they are using the crafting systems to their fullest potential, and saying its over powered. And its true. And I'm thinking its safe to assume that they are playing on master difficulty. It still is too easy on master. The only thing that isn't too easy is that mages can blow you up really fast, if you make the mistake of not keeping them staggered.