ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Mod Conflict Help Needed

Filldeserp

Hi,

I'm reinstalling my Skyrim and freshly modding it from scratch, and I have run into an issue. A mod is causing CTD on load (I have a test save as I'm installing mods five at a time to check stability), and I know which one it is. Any female NPC overhaul mod gives these CTDs, such as Bijinn's anything, The Ordinary Women and so on. The thing is, I cannot see what it's conflicting with, as LOOT and TESVEdit are giving me green lights. Admittedly, I am useless with TESVEdit, and only really use it to do the base scan as I'm not sure how to fiddle with the intricate bits.

Does anyone have any idea what could be conflicting? I'll post my load order below.

Thank you in advance and if anyone needs further info, I'll do my best to provide. :smile:

Hello,

• <A mod is causing CTD on load> CTDs troubleshooting page on Reddit, depending on what's happening in game, choose the subsections that describes the best your problem.
  • <conflicting with, as LOOT and TESVEdit are giving me green lights> watch this wideo.
  • Make sure you're using the good mods >> Dangerous mods list.

Here is a list of things that may help stabilizing your game if not already been done. :

/// Cleaning and correcting potential bugs :

• Clean your master files to eliminate potential problems : Gopher's videos cleaning your masterfiles on the Nexus Tesedit page. You may use this updated guide to clean your masters. It contains the same automated cleaning procedure as Gopher explains in his video + repeating once for Dawnguard.esm + some selective manual cleaning.
  • The method above can be used to clean mods. LOOT should tell you which plugin you should clean. You may also do a check errors.

/// Load order / mods conflicts :

/// Settings / memory :

• Ensure you're not using redundant memory patches, such as SSME, skse.ini; crash fixes, or safety load. Preferably, use crash fixes with the UseOSAllocators=1 enabled or skse memory patch.
  • Memory blocks log will help to refine memory settings.
  • Backup your ini files and delete the files. Skyrim.ini / SkyrimCustom.ini / SkyrimPrefs.ini found in C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Skyrim then use your vanilla launcher to autodetect and use best settings for your computer.
  • STEP INI tweaking wiki.
  • You may install ENBOOST >> ENB graphics / ENB haxx.

/// Save game :

/// Meshes healer :

• Read here, this is potentially a cause of CTD that you can resolve by following the mod procedure on this page.

/// Useful informations :

Hope this helps.

Hello,

• <A mod is causing CTD on load> CTDs troubleshooting page on Reddit, depending on what's happening in game, choose the subsections that describes the best your problem.
  • <conflicting with, as LOOT and TESVEdit are giving me green lights> watch this wideo.

Here is a list of things that may help stabilizing your game if not already been done. :

• Clean your master files to eliminate potential problems : Gopher's videos cleaning your masterfiles on the Nexus Tesedit page. You may use this updated guide to clean your masters. It contains the same automated cleaning procedure as Gopher explains in his video + repeating once for Dawnguard.esm + some selective manual cleaning.
  • The method above can be used to clean mods. LOOT should tell you which plugin you should clean. You may also do a check errors.

/// Settings / memory :

• Ensure you're not using redundant memory patches, such as SSME, skse.ini; crash fixes, or safety load. Preferably, use crash fixes with the UseOSAllocators=1 enabled or skse memory patch.
  • Backup your ini files and delete the files. Skyrim.ini / SkyrimCustom.ini / SkyrimPrefs.ini found in C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Skyrim then use your vanilla launcher to autodetect and use best settings for your computer.

/// Save game :

/// Meshes healer :

• Read here, this is potentially a cause of CTD that you can resolve by following the mod procedure on this page.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply. My issue was that I know that The Ordinary Women is causing an issue (conflicting) but I don't know what with, meaning I can't manually create a patch for them. I believed I found the conflict in TESVEdit (with USLEEP, oddly enough, despite my installing the provided patch) but this hasn't worked either. Same crash upon entering an outside cell. I'll suppose I'll just have to make sure to not use any mod that changes female NPCs, since without The Ordinary Women, everything works fine.

Hello,

/// Settings / memory :

/// Save game :

/// Meshes healer :

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply. My issue was that I know that The Ordinary Women is causing an issue (conflicting) but I don't know what with, meaning I can't manually create a patch for them. I believed I found the conflict in TESVEdit (with USLEEP, oddly enough, despite my installing the provided patch) but this hasn't worked either. Same crash upon entering an outside cell. I'll suppose I'll just have to make sure to not use any mod that changes female NPCs, since without The Ordinary Women, everything works fine.

Also tried Women of Skyrim and it crashes it too. I guess all the girls will remain the hideous trolls they were always meant to be...

Your mod conflict may not have anything to do with female overhauls. I had a housing mod and magic mod conflict where the magic mod was restoring the landscape altered by the housing mod. Load up all your mods in TesVedit (will take a while) then check for conflicts.

Your mod conflict may not have anything to do with female overhauls. I had a housing mod and magic mod conflict where the magic mod was restoring the landscape altered by the housing mod. Load up all your mods in TesVedit (will take a while) then check for conflicts.

Well, TESVEdit seems to say that everything conflicts with everything, so I suppose I'll need to go through and look at every red record of every mod to find something odd?

<Well, TESVEdit seems to say that everything conflicts with everything, so I suppose I'll need to go through and look at every red record of every mod to find something odd?> just for purpose testing, you may use the apply filter to show conflicts loser, this will decrease your search. Don't modify anything using this filter, last time I dit it, I messed up my plugin. Then expand the mods to see conflicts in orderto target them more accuratly.

Reload Tes5edit with only the plugins involved in such conflicts and try to make a manual patch, see the video in my first post.

Good luck.