ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Useable Firearms?

TehSquishy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

advantages:

very high single target damage (100% kill on "lesser" creeps like Draugr or Bandits, but not that high it would take out a dungeon boss or semiboss by single shot)

100% chance to stagger

no "draw" time, opposed to bows when you need to wait almost 3 sec before actually hitting

disadvantages:

very damn noisy (NOT usable by stealth characters like assassins or thieves)

you just have 1 shot and then about 5-10 sec "cooldown" (not sure how to implement)

Totally agree. Albeit, not always a 100% chance of a kill, but I would totally side with fairly massive damage on the lower class enemies. Basically, anyone with a good enough armor rating should have the ability to take 1+ shots, but stuff like Drauger, low level bandits, wolves, and those damn skeevers, should be able to be taken down in one shot.

The "cooldown" would basically be the firearm going off screen for reloading, and probably be closer to 10-15 second wait, as single shot pistols are a HORRIBLE to reload.

Maybe even making a new skill system to allow faster reloads, zoom in when aiming, and even that "slow down time" thing they have with blocking and bows.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On a similar topic... Seeing as it also is not included in the game:

CROSSBOWS! :D I would LOVE to get a nice high-powered bolt firing glory machine... Much more accurate, no immediate drop off, take a few seconds to reload, and fires the bolts faster than those darn arrows.

Edited by TehSquishy

This reminds me of my idea for a weapon: Steam-bows.

Basically, they're repeating crossbows that have a boiler built into them, so they rapidly fire and reload automatically.

All you have to do is pull the trigger, and let the arrows fly.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/Zhugenu-payne.jpg

It would look the same as this, but with a boiler on the bottom, and a kind of gear-winch instead of the lever.

If guns don't fit in lore wise, then this certainly should.

On a side note, crossbows in general would be great to have in Skyrim.

Edited by IxionInc

It'd be interesting to make an entire questline with some custom Dwemer dungeons and creatures (Dwemer Spider Tank and Dwemer Dragons!) or a revived "Dwemer" society of people that worship the Dwemer and wish to bring back all of their technology for the purpose of conquest. We'd have a Technology vs. Magic kind of deal, and it'd be something of a second civil war, or even a Nord attempt at rebelling against the Thalmor.

I can imagine some Thalmor squad rolling up to the entrance to one of the Tech encampments, then suddenly being barraged by a pillar of steam, followed by the crackle of gunfire.

Edited by sirenunlimited

Of every race out there, I believe the Nords would be the least one to run after the dwemer technology. We talk about a people who hate magic because of the power it gives, and the negative impact of it. The dwemer almost made a God, but failed and vanished. I'd say that is a lot more worse than blowing up a village!

Though I must say, I would advice against a "Gun and dwemer mod!". Keep thoose apart. One is awesome for lore, the other is just for fun.

I can see dwemer dragons, dwemer crossbows, even dwemer bombs. I can, however, not see dwemer guns as anything lore-friendly. It would at least kill my download, if I ever was to download it.

This reminds me of my idea for a weapon: Steam-bows.

Basically, they're repeating crossbows that have a boiler built into them, so they rapidly fire and reload automatically.

All you have to do is pull the trigger, and let the arrows fly.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/Zhugenu-payne.jpg

It would look the same as this, but with a boiler on the bottom, and a kind of gear-winch instead of the lever.

If guns don't fit in lore wise, then this certainly should.

On a side note, crossbows in general would be great to have in Skyrim.

Totally for it. Get on that! :D

Technology wise people were using cross bows for almost 500 years before the crudest gun was invented, you also have to take into consideration that up until the mid 1800s guns were horrible in terms of accuracy at anything past a couple dozen feet thus making them only good at further ranges when used in mass for a "volley".

So in terms of advanced weaponry a cross bow would be much better lore wise, unless it were to have been made by the dwarves.

That being said people have been using explosive powder for bombs & fire works in the far east for around 2 thousand years so pyrotechnic explosives made via alchemy would work quite well in the lore. They would be single use & expensive but work well for non spell casters.