Rotting Corpses. ( request )

Ammo

I love to go hunting in Skyrim as I'm sure everyone else here does. But one thing that bugs me a little is seeing bodies laying around days/weeks later, looking as fresh as the day I killed them. I would love to see a mod that slowly decomposes the corpses and have flies flying around them. Have them slowly rot down to just the carcass, possibly have crows picking at them.

This would also enhance the spells that resurrect the dead. Necromancers would then truly have an army of the walking (rotten) dead.

Thanks.

Edited by Ammo

• 1 year later...

It could be accomplished by changing texture but when I presented the idea on my "It rained on" mod people said it would be a problem for those that use texture changing mods so it would be the same in this case, also it would be necessary to have a texture for each race and I don't even know how a rotten corpse is supposed to look like and I don't think there's any vanilla fly(?), I think it would be much easier and possible to just exchange dead corpses with a skeleton

Why don't make a realistic decomposition, how it works in real world?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition

Fresh: nothing big, just rigor mortis

Bloat: nasty skin coloring, white eyes. Model change is not required, with textures and normal maps we can give the bloating effect.

Active decay: We don't need to change mesh, tough would be cool have a new model for this stage. Think about zombies from Oblivion, but less cartoony and less colorful blood:

http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/beast_oblivion_zombie.png

Advanced decay: We can use the draugr mesh, but textures are really dark.

Dry/remains: Nothing hard, just the skeleton mesh.

This is official the most disturbing post I ever wrote. But I enjoyed writing it. :smile:

I don't have the knowledge to make this mod, just leaving the ideas here.

Edited by Derok