Dark Brotherhood targets as quest givers if you do not join

QDX2000

Tl;dr version: The people you have to kill are very likeable, they should be able to give good characters some quests.

Just did the Brotherhood quests to get the Steam achievements despite normally always playing "good guy" characters... And I noticed that a lot of the people I killed were really cool characters with a lot of potential.

First of all there should be an option to destroy the brotherhood without having to commit any murders. Commander Maro and his son could play a part in that. For example, what I'd do after learning the first assassination target is taking Grelod into custody for child abuse, and heavily guard the prison. As in, the Dovakhiin will personally stand guard. Then torture the assassin and find the location of the hideout (though maybe Grelods death should be unpreventable, just to show how skilled the DB Guys are).

I'd also think it would be very appropriate to be personally thanked by the Emperor after ending the civil war in the Empires favor. Him traveling to Skyrim to inspire the reunification process (and also visit a certain wedding) would make sense considering the reason that has been given for him not visiting was the civil war. Parts from the DB quest could be reused for that, and since some people obviously want him dead, there could be quests about protecting him too. Alternatively you could be invited to the Imperial Palace, after all we know how that looks like from Oblivion. Since you are of dragon blood, you should of course pay your respects to Martins Statue while you're there.

Also the Gourmet could give you quests to search out and cook rare ingredients, kinda like in the manga "Toriko". Hunting rare monsters and collecting plants that only grow in places that are really hard to reach. Possibly also with some comedy when people who eat that stuff reacting completely over the top to the taste.