Playing as a dog in skyrim

necKros

Hm. Well, I am getting closer. I see where I am supposed to edit the 'FULL' subrecord. However, whenever I double click on it, it comes up with a hex screen rather than a string that I can edit.

How do I get the FULL subrecord to show me a string instead of HEX?

That is the full subrecord.

Hah.

Just highlight the ascii part of the hex editor and type there.

Hmm, for some reason when I type in player.addspell 000f23d2 (it's the spriggan's poison claw) It says 'Spell *Spriggan Poison Claw was NOT added to Lord Uldred)

However, then I can still say player.equipspell 000f23d2 and it does nothing when I go to attack with it.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am highlighting the ascii under the FULL sub-record and naming it *Spriggan Poison Claw and saving it.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird. I even saw the spell in my spellbook after I added it. I'm no modder, just had a curious and tried something out and it worked. Sometimes you have to fiddle with both attack buttons and sometimes it's like werewolf attacking, but for sure I made a skyrim lady angry with my poison bite of piddly little damageness.

The 'not added' error is given when you already have the spell. Tried removing and then readding?

Weird. I even saw the spell in my spellbook after I added it. I'm no modder, just had a curious and tried something out and it worked. Sometimes you have to fiddle with both attack buttons and sometimes it's like werewolf attacking, but for sure I made a skyrim lady angry with my poison bite of piddly little damageness.

The 'not added' error is given when you already have the spell. Tried removing and then readding?

I tried removing it and when I re-add it, it says it was added.

So all I am supposed to do in order to make the spells playable is create a new name with an asterisk in front of them in the ascii portion? I am just puzzled as to what I am doing wrong. If you could review the actions I took below and see if you can see where I went wrong, that'd be great.

1. Open Non-playable Armors .esp

2. delete 'GRUP ARMO'

3. Copy and paste 'GRUP SPEL' from Skyrim.esm into Non-playable Armors.esp

4. Delete all of the spells except for the spriggan's attack (crSprigganPoisonClaw)

5. In the lower left hand corner of the screen, when selected CrSprigganPoisonClaw, double click on the the word 'FULL'.

6. Erase the strange characters or gibberish to the right of the HEX and write any name you want for the spell starting with an asterisk. For example (*SprigganClawAttack)

7. Save the .esp as something new.

8. Open open the Skyrim launcher and check off the plugin under Data.

9. Launch the game.

10. player.setrace spriggan

11. player.additem 000f23d2

12. player.equipitem 000f23d2 (right or left)

13. try attacking?

Hmm. it would be something like crSprigganClawAttack though?

I've noticed that most of them start with cr.

Otherwise that's what I did for the frostbite spider and it worked. Was chompin away.

However I tried getting the dragon tail attack to work with the dragonrace and was not successful.

There's probably something more to this.

Edited by Midicow

Obviously I am doing something wrong, cause the spells never show up in my inventory. hahah

Something else I noticed is that even after editing the 'ascii' text in the spell, the number next to FULL doesn't have an asterisk next to it. I'll see if I can post a screenshot.

No. But if you click on the full record once, the right window should show what you edited.

Hmm, it does say what I edited. I'm trying to see if the Chaurus Poison Bite will work. If it doesn't I'll try the spider one you were talking about.

Have you been able to get any other creature's attacks to work?

Edited by jackalhead

Alright, after a huge head ache, I realized what the deal was. Everyone is going to want to read this post to save them a grueling two hour long head ache like I went through

It turns out the asterisk does nothing after all. Want to use the spider bite attack? Save yourself the trouble and DON'T go in and edit anything. Just go player.addspell 00053475 as a spider, then player.equipspell 00053475 left. You'll be able to use the spider melee attack whether you edit anything or not!

This technique that Midicow provided won't help you get your standard attacks as monsters. Either they already work or they don't. The spider bite attack it seems works regardless of whether you edit jack squat or not.

This technique that Midicow did does not make any attacks work. I tested it on both the chaurus bite and the spriggan attack.

WITHOUT having tweaked the spider bite attack, I was able to do it anyways.

SO where does this leave us as a modding community? Unable to understand how we can perform melee attacks when playing as creatures. :rolleyes:

Edited by jackalhead