Stitching UV islands in 3DS Max

Deleted4363562User

It's been a while since i did anything in 3DS Max, and I was certainly never versed in the program. But in any case, I'm trying to edit a UV Map for a sliding door in Fallout 4, and I can't stitch any of the islands together...hell all I can do is move the individual islands around.

For Reference, the door is "Architecture\Buildings\Residential\Res01ModernPocketDoorR01.nif"

Another problem is that none of the conjoining edges are highlighted blue when I select a corresponding edge.

All I'm trying to do is place all the islands side by side so I can easily re-texture the door in Photoshop. The uv map is currently set up for use of multiple dds files, and it's a pain to re-texture it in a typical 2D editing program, but that's all I know how to use at the moment.

Hello

When you import Meshes from the Games into Max they are editable meshes and most likely the vertexes are not welded.

So select the Door and make a editable poly out of it, then select all vertexes and weld them together but be careful when you select the welding factor, choose a very small amount like 0.001 to make sure only overlapping vertexes weld together. That is the reason why conjoining edges are not highlighted in the uv editor as they are actually not joint.

If you redo the whole UV map than I would highlight the polygons you like to be together on the model and use the Reset function under Peel in the UV editor. Is most likely the fastest way to get a good result. Repeat that for every surface then select all UV's and relax them.

Cl