Nexus Mod Manager Problem... Can't locate game directory?

GLRPrem

It's funny isn't it, but that is the default directory for pirated copies of the game. It is not the default directory for legitimate copies of the game. It's odd that if you knew enough to know what you were doing you would choose that particular default directory. My pirate sensory detectors are tingling.. It's almost like shooting fish in a barrel.

It's funny isn't it, but that is the default directory for pirated copies of the game. It is not the default directory for legitimate copies of the game. It's odd that if you knew enough to know what you were doing you would choose that particular default directory. My pirate sensory detectors are tingling.. It's almost like shooting fish in a barrel.

It is funny, isn't it? It's almost like people like to be able to try something before they buy it! Silly consumers, you should just consume blindly! How about posting some information about a fix, instead of making condescending comments?

And now you can join your pirate friend in walking the plank.

There may be some software that is made available on a "Try before you buy" basis by the legitimate author or publisher. But taking something the belongs to someone else without without permission is called stealing, and supporting it is banned here.

As are you. --TNL

Edited by Thandal
poster banned.

It is funny, isn't it? It's almost like people like to be able to try something before they buy it! Silly consumers, you should just consume blindly! How about posting some information about a fix, instead of making condescending comments?

Even if they did "try before buying", don't you think when they at the stage of using mods they are well past any form of "trying" ? tbh its oldest excuse in the book, next to "I did not like steam" or some other random excuse to try and justify not paying for the game full stop.

ps: sorry, if this reply shouldn't be done, just some things really annoy me and temptation to reply gets to strong :(

So has anyone figured out a fix to this yet? I made sure I have .net framework 4.0 as well and this is still happening. I open NMM program pick skyrim, then it asks file locations. Does this part actually matter because i've tried changing the locations and still to no avail. After I choose a location (or just leave it at the defaults) the manager will flash back to the 'pick a game' box that opens when you first open the program, and even after I pick skyrim it just keeps popping back up, not actually loading the mod manager itself.

I have my Skyrim installed in another folder(not C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim), but whenever I change the file path on NMM it will revert back to "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim". How do I solve this problem?

Hi guys, I'm a total noob, as I just am starting to mod.

I downloaded the nexus mod manager, and when I ope it, it tells me to pick a game. So I pick Skyrim. Then, a pop-up appears titled Skyrim Location. It wants me to choose the location of the skyrim game directory, which I believe is in my Program Files(x86), and it even has it chosen...C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. When I click ok, the pop-up just reappears, nothing changes. I click auto-detect, and it doesn't find anything.

Help? :wallbash:

I just install them manually. I find it easier than the mod manager.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I may have found something.I noticed that it only asks the places where there is a "SkyrimLauncher" .There is a Launcher on the desktop,I think that's why it asks here.So I think you should check if you have a Launcher in /C/Program Files/Skyrim .I realized that I didn't have a Launcher here.I re-installed it here,now it works. Edited by Danidragon