First Person View Only

ohvast

I cannot find how to change my point of view. Is this game a first person shooter? If so, I'm really annoyed! I don't like 1st person games and all the other Nexus games can be switched to third. Am I missing something?

By default, you can switch between 1st and 3rd person views with F. Use the mousewheel to zoom in/out will in 3rd person.

BTW: First Person Shooter (or FPS) is a gameplay genre (like the Call of Duty, Halo, and Battlefield series) not a camera style. Skyrim is a Role Playing Game (or RPG). While you can play Skyrim in 1st person view, it is not an FPS.

Edited by BrknSoul

I cannot find how to change my point of view. Is this game a first person shooter? If so, I'm really annoyed! I don't like 1st person games and all the other Nexus games can be switched to third. Am I missing something?

Well said!

In Roleplaying games I like to actually roleplay the person as seen out of his eyes [First person], I do not want to roleplay a magical cameraman following around the main character [Third person]

I tried pressing F with no result. And nothing with the mousewheel. But maybe I need to get pass the dragon before I can actually change my POV? If that's what my problem is, then, I'm still annoyed with this game because I don't like first person!

you cannot go third person mode until a short way into the 'tutorial', because your character isn't generated yet.

Although, if you lack the patience to stay in 1st person for 5 minutes of the game (not to mention being too mindless to look at the controls to find out how to do it) then maybe this isn't the game for you..

I tried pressing F with no result. And nothing with the mousewheel. But maybe I need to get pass the dragon before I can actually change my POV? If that's what my problem is, then, I'm still annoyed with this game because I don't like first person!

Patience young padawan, if you have not created your character then there is nothing to see in third person!