cant seem to change voice.

GrandTickler

Hi, i am using the Moonshadow elves mod but i find them to sound way to rough for an elf (they seem to be using the imperial voices)

so i load up TESconstructionset and the first thing i tried is making them use the Moon Elf voice from Xenius Race Compilation but after i start up the game my char doesnt shout or scream upon attacking or getting hit. shes completely mute.

so i load up TEScontructionset again and this time try woodelves to test if i did something wrong but again she doesnt say a thing :s

does anyone know what i can do to make my char use the sound files from the other mod? would be great

no need to rush though, mute isnt bad either lol

Edited by josjikawa

I doubt Xenius' custom races use their own voice. I do not use race compilation, but you can find out by searching for folder with race name under Sound folder. If it has its own sound file, it means at least some races have own battle grunt or scream. If not, likely they use vanilla race voice.

I doubt Xenius' custom races use their own voice. I do not use race compilation, but you can find out by searching for folder with race name under Sound folder. If it has its own sound file, it means at least some races have own battle grunt or scream. If not, likely they use vanilla race voice.

they use some voiceset other then vanilla but the problem is i cant seem to change my voice at all, not even to other vanilla voice sets

Hi friend,

Perhaps the problem is, you are using a nationalized version of Oblivion. It is a little difficult to find out. I enpacked my oblivion BSA and found out that the racenames in the sounds voices folder of the BSA file were other than in the mods. After renaming the racenames in my oblivion sounds voices folder to the names coming from the BSA file everything is working fine. Same problem had with some mods here on tesnexus. First thought there is no working soundfile and later found out that my oblivion could not work with them. After renameing the folders the problem was solved.

Have fun :thumbsup:

Harvald

Hi friend,

Perhaps the problem is, you are using a nationalized version of Oblivion. It is a little difficult to find out. I enpacked my oblivion BSA and found out that the racenames in the sounds voices folder of the BSA file were other than in the mods. After renaming the racenames in my oblivion sounds voices folder to the names coming from the BSA file everything is working fine. Same problem had with some mods here on tesnexus. First thought there is no working soundfile and later found out that my oblivion could not work with them. After renameing the folders the problem was solved.

Have fun :thumbsup:

Harvald

thank you, ill give that a try! :)