Creating new Settlement - Troubleshooting

Bealgun

Hey, as the titel it already said my idea was to create a new Settlement.
I already got a few Things done like placing the work area, adding a workbench, placing the map marker, etc.

I also copied the cliff edge Hotel from the far Harbor DLC into the place because i want to use the Hotel as a giant "house" for the new Settlement. But unfortunately there are lots of Problems and i don't know how to solve them.

1. I haven't found a way to add materials to the workbench yet. (If i want to build something in the new Settlement i have no ressources)

2. There seems to be a random Encounter in the Region. Despite the fact that i placed this Encounter somewhere else, there still spawns a tank with 3 gunners inside of the Settlement. How can i solve this?

3. The NPC's seem not to realize the new Building... they run against walls, won't use stairs, etc.

4. There seems to be a spawn Point for a rad scorpion but i can't find/remove it. At the Moment the scorpion also spawns inside of the Settlement. Does someone know how i can remove the scorption complete?

5. There is a relay Tower in the area. But even if i place it somewhere else, the Tower itself is at it original Position ingame. How can i move the Tower so that it will remain at the place i want to have it?

Of Course there are some more little errors but these ones are the biggest ones i need to solve. I would be really pleased if someone could tell me what i did wrong/ how i can correct those Errors.

I already got a few Things done like placing the work area, adding a workbench, placing the map marker, etc.

I also copied the cliff edge Hotel from the far Harbor DLC into the place because i want to use the Hotel as a giant "house" for the new Settlement. But unfortunately there are lots of Problems and i don't know how to solve them.

1. I haven't found a way to add materials to the workbench yet. (If i want to build something in the new Settlement i have no ressources)

2. There seems to be a random Encounter in the Region. Despite the fact that i placed this Encounter somewhere else, there still spawns a tank with 3 gunners inside of the Settlement. How can i solve this?

3. The NPC's seem not to realize the new Building... they run against walls, won't use stairs, etc.

4. There seems to be a spawn Point for a rad scorpion but i can't find/remove it. At the Moment the scorpion also spawns inside of the Settlement. Does someone know how i can remove the scorption complete?

5. There is a relay Tower in the area. But even if i place it somewhere else, the Tower itself is at it original Position ingame. How can i move the Tower so that it will remain at the place i want to have it?

Of Course there are some more little errors but these ones are the biggest ones i need to solve. I would be really pleased if someone could tell me what i did wrong/ how i can correct those Errors.

Even though im not an expert but have started to create some locations i need to ask you a few questions...

Is just adding a workbench and a map marker all you did ??

Have you installed the workshop border,the resource container,defaultemptytrigger,xmarkers etc etc and linked them accordingly ?Then run workshop scripts,setup world data,zones,parents etc. ??

Also note .. DO NOT move or edit quest related items or youre gonna break the game... Lastly ..pressing M while youre in the render window hides or shows all markers . From there you can see which markers belong to various creatures etc...

here watch this to get an idea of how much has to be done even though this guy's method isnt 100% and might not work as a proper functioning settlement...You will at least have a better understanding of things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTls5tdjnfw

Edited by greekrage

duplicate a settlement container, change the name, click edit move it to the upperside, search for those shipments things and or wood/copper ect, drag drop them into the open venster from your container, use tat container for your settlement if you open the wb its all there

make sure show all markers in on, spam markers like like lil yellow things, click on it and it tels you ifyou have the right 1's, move them

you have to navmesh the hole place again and have to check if the navmesh for the stairs works like intended, meaning it should show a smoot red carpet

same as 2

if you move something and its a static and you load any save that have tat static in it it will not move, start a new game and you will see it in its new place

Edited by speedynl

duplicate a settlement container, change the name, click edit move it to the upperside, search for those shipments things and or wood/copper ect, drag drop them into the open venster from your container, use tat container for your settlement if you open the wb its all there

make sure show all markers in on, spam markers like like lil yellow things, click on it and it tels you ifyou have the right 1's, move them

you have to navmesh the hole place again and have to check if the navmesh for the stairs works like intended, meaning it should show a smoot red carpet

same as 2

if you move something and its a static and you load any save that have tat static in it it will not move, start a new game and you will see it in its new place

dude hes trolling,...

This alone should prove that..

"I also copied the cliff edge Hotel from the far Harbor DLC into the place because i want to use the Hotel as a giant "house" for the new Settlement. "

Seriously ?...the hotel is a gazzilion pieces but he copied it....rofl...

Huh? But that's like saying you can't copy a Microsoft word document of 10,000 words but you can copy 10 words. What that guy is describing is highly possible, cliff's edge is large but hey it's just a building on top of raised terrain, if he has the CPU then I'm sure it'll work. It's only you that CK crashes when trying to load something rudimentary like a dialog box remember :wink:

Edited by m0ds1984

same as 2

dude hes trolling,...

"I also copied the cliff edge Hotel from the far Harbor DLC into the place because i want to use the Hotel as a giant "house" for the new Settlement. "

you can copy paste any thing from anywhere to anywhere, its just a simple select from wat you want hit copy go the the place you want it hit paste adjust/remove stuff and done, i have this already done xx time with stuff from harbor to a newworldspace or any place i want it

Huh? But that's like saying you can't copy a Microsoft word document of 10,000 words but you can copy 10 words. What that guy is describing is highly possible, cliff's edge is large but hey it's just a building on top of raised terrain, if he has the CPU then I'm sure it'll work. It's only you that CK crashes when trying to load something rudimentary like a dialog box remember :wink:

actually i did try to copy it and group it and create a SCOL and CK crashed ...

Like i said its a gazillion pieces and grouping them would take CK several minutes (if it doesnt crash ).

Not to mention that it contains a crap load of markers etc.. Its probably easier to copy the whole of concord...:P

He would have to be someone with extensive knowledge of the CK and be able to filter all the unwanteds like decals,markers etc...and this clearly isnt the case from what ive seen...

same as 2

dude hes trolling,...

you can copy paste any thing from anywhere to anywhere, its just a simple select from wat you want hit copy go the the place you want it hit paste adjust/remove stuff and done, i have this already done xx time with stuff from harbor to a newworldspace or any place i want it

Im not saying you cant...hell look at my profile in nexus ( all i do is add stuff to the work bench and i mean anything from a piece of unique wall to the airport tower etc.... )

Obviously size doesnt mater but complexity does

I went inside and spent over 2 hours in the hotel to spot new parts for my builds and its full of SCOLs and custom pieces

But this guy is obviously a total newbie so i really doubt what i read here.....OR hes trolling.

Edited by greekrage

ill give you a sample go to any place, pick top view(T)(outside) turn off markers, put the mouse point somewhere keep the button down, and draw a box, everything you have selected inside the draw box will turn green(take sometimes more attempts to get all wat you want), right click on it select copy, go to any place right click paste(close to the ground) and you will see its build again there, depending on how big it is and or how fast your comp is it take some time to rebuild all, most of the time you have to adjust the height to match the ground level, remove the things that came with the copy you don't wanted(you always will copy over some crap thats around the house/bunker/ect) and you have xx in xx place

you can do this with cells to, go into the cell select the hole build put it into another cell, size don't matter and or how many pieces it have, hard part is with very big things is to select all you want(can only zoom out xx distance)

here is proof, hotel at albernaty farm http://www.mediafire.com/view/vxxetw0y79t49uv/hotel.jpg

Edited by speedynl

@Fan: I already saw the Video you posted and did everything the guy did the same way. ;)

And no... i'm NOT trolling... why would i waste my time with that?! Oo
My PC was able to copy the whole cliffs edge Hotel. Of Course it took him some minutes because of all the tiles. But after removing most of them which were unnecesary there isn't now any Problem anymore with the CK. And yes, i am a newbie as you said it.

Additionally...i've Chosen a Location with no quest related actions. Except the relay Tower and the random Encounter. I know that it would break the game if i would edit those quest relevant Things.

I will take a look at the Workshop scripts and i will also search for the rad scorpion marker. Didn't know that the yellow markers also could cause spawning.