NEW Nvidia GeForce 290.36 with changes for Skyrim!

ThatKidLuke

I'll check fps difference in a few minutes here. I already have many mods in and ssao and what not turned on in nvidia inspector. I'll see what it looks like and if it works better or worse fps wise.

It seems like on my specific pc (gtx 570) there was about a 5 fps drop in and outside of cities. I didn't try indoor but it shouldn't be much different. Shadow edges look the same but the darkness and what not of the shadow looks great.

Edited by Zachcuden

Its looking better with the 290.36 in my opinion, now the dark areas are truly dark as I imagine they are supposed to be. I always left the torches at home, now I find mysellf using them in some dungeon areas. I used the previous 285.62 also beta with no issues so I dont hesitate to use this one, if you are unsure you can always keep your old drivers just in case and roll back to them.

These did wonders for the atmosphere in Skyrim for me, looks good indoors and out. Indoors might look like it got slightly darker, but that can be just my gut feeling.

I did notice something weird i did not before:

At the coast when i look at the watersurface farther away from me, i get this weird bug where i can see whats under the surface while standing on dry land myself (not the kind where i dip my eyes just below the surface) but its like an inverted shadow cast from the plants down below. it also fecks up the water surface making it really blurry where this effect does not happen. It's a minor bug i did not notice before.

Not sure if its because of these drivers. Im not using any mods that mess with the water.

Installed it, very nice! I'll be damned if it doesn't look better. I spawned 20 dremora churls and 2 frost dragons at an imperial camp to see if there would be any lag, and it was smooth the whole time.

No water bug here.

Edited by uruku7

Man those look very nice! im starting to feel like ATI is second class...mine is a radeon HD 5560 any nvidia video card thats kinda like that? Because im planning to buy an nvidia one the next time i get a new graphic card, but i couldn't tell which is a better or atleast an even graphic card for the one i just listed (Radeon HD 5560) :( Edited by Joshico