NEW Nvidia GeForce 290.36 with changes for Skyrim!

ThatKidLuke

I'm really afraid of installing these drivers because the game has enough instability as is and I wouldn't be able to tell if a certain problem stems from the game or from the driver without messing around with the drivers everytime. So, anyone brave enough, how fare thee and thy fps?

Same performance really, there's no difference unless you force SSAO or decide to use sky rendering for the 3D vision thingy http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/psyduck.gif

I installed the new drivers this morning and so far no issues. I was going to a black screen even when I wasn't playing the game, getting a flag about the nvidia driver had an error and recovered. That has not happened today and I have been working most of the day on this system. I did try the game for a short while, and really don't see any difference. The mouse seems to be working better but don't know why a new video driver would affect that. And strangely enough, the audio seems louder...have no clue why. Anyway, seems fine so far.

Asus Crossfire IV Formula motherboard

Phenom II T1055 six core AMD

Coolit ECO R-120 liquid cooling for CPU

Vengeance DDR3 1600 RAM / 16 Gig

Zotac GeForce GTX 560 TI / 1 GB using Nvidia 290.36 / Beta drivers

Corsair 850 power supply

Creative Labs Supreme FX XFI audio

Cooler Master Sniper Case / black edition

28 wide screen i_Inc monitor, not the best but works nicely.

Win 7 64 Ultimate

Edited by BarefootWarrior