True Bard Mod

Deleted2792127User

Well the animation exists in game for npcs, you could probably then switch to another control mode where the keys on your keyboard are then attributed to a note. so hitting a key on your keyboard would play either one note, or a chord. chords would make it easier to play nicer music. just a few ideas.

just put that in the ideas thread.

I would like to see (or make it myself) a Bard mod. The mod would have these features....

I like the idea :happy:

Adds a performance stage in Solitude, maybe the stage where the Nord is executed when you first enter the city.

Instead of this, perhaps use the forum area (Stepped semicircular area where the effigy is burned) just outside of the Bards' College? It's the point of it, no? :happy: Admittedly, it is out of the way a little, but at least you don't have blood everywhere or the headsman urgently needing his block in the middle of a performance! :wink:

Edited by hipolipolopigus

I was very dissapointed when I still couldn't play instruments after joining and completing the Bard's College. I would like to see the ability to play music in game on any instrument, even if it is just the same as what NPC bards do. Preferably with skill books? The skill books would teach you a new song and the song may have an effect attached that takes effect after the song has been performed.

Considered a mod like this myself, was on my to-do list come the CK release.

I was thinking a dungeon & dragons style bard, talking maybe, Baldur's gate 1 era when it was quite simple.

They were skilled archers, keen pickpockets, lowlevel spellcasters and could sing. You couldn't attack or anythign whilst singing, but your buffed your companions with + luck and such, which meant enemies hit them less, for less, they hit harder more often, etc.

So I figured, easily possible in skyrim. Rather than create new perks, which would be pointless as the bard is a jack of all trades class. Create a bard stone that icnreases the levelling % of certain perk abilities liek i listed earlier for example, pickpocket, archery, some spellcasting *patricularly illusion is very bard-like* and some restoration maybe.

So that sorts the stone issue. Then, add an npc to the bard's college, have new *songs* unlock at certain levels. E.g. you hit level 10, the seller starts selling tome of *the pick of destiny*.

Songs are powers, but are usable more than once a day. Whilst a song power is active, you cannot attack, cast, etc.

Song powers are only usable whislt under the bard stone sign. Under any other sign, they are greyed out, or, their effects are less maybe?

And yeh... That about covers it right? For the gameplay anyway, the important combat non gamebreaking parts hah.

Obviously the songs qould be alogn the lines of *drain fatigue 2 pts per second*. *Restore fatigue 2pts per second*. Fear enemies for 1 second every 4 seconds* just, stuff along those lines. Nothing too overpowered, but equal to the usefulness of a normal human player?

Sorry guys, wall of text there ;D.

• 1 year later...

a suggestion but a good person to hit up for new Songs or re-done of the currents would to get into contact with Malukah This is a playlist of her stuff, she is amazing. Personally I like the idea of being able to make Followers bars, with the idea of having buff and other magical "Bard songs".