Weapons minimum strength

yerude

Havent found anything yet via search.

Is there any mod which let you only equip weapons if your stats are high enough?

eg: str 9 for minigun, int 5 for lasergun, agil 6 for sniperrifle...

If there isnt, i would do myself. But i would need help for the scripting because i am not familiar with quests and scripts (can program a little bit so it should be possible)

Basic idea would be:

Everytime you equip a weapon the script will check your stats and if the stats are to low for the value of the weapon (can be added keywoards or something similar) the script will unequip your weapon and display a message "your stats are not high enough to use this weapon"

Is there anyone interested in creating such a mod together with me? (of course someone who is familiar with quests and scripting)

There is an easy command for checking, if its the same as fallout 3, it'd be a check onequip script. Or from what I understand, falloutscript extender also has methods of dealing with it.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=OnEquip

Main issue though, is you're attaching scripts to weapons. So it'd conflict with every re-balance mod out there. Also any weapon packs wouldn't work with it out of the box.

Unless there is some keyword you can latch the checks onto, or try using the perk system. For example, instead of hunting down miniguns and adding a minimum str, you would see if the gun makes use of the big guns perk. And then apply the script on that. In theory, that would make your mod work with most weapon packs.

Anyhow it'd be a neat idea. But right now, at least on survival it feels like it'd be pointless. The guns weight + ammo weight typically means you either have high str, or have given it up for more efficient weapons. I stopped using miniguns altogether, because I could never justify carrying around the gun + ammo for it, even if I had the best legendary version of it available.

*Shrugs* Anyhow thats my two cents! Hope it was at least a point in the right direction :)

I realy enjoyed upgrading only the necessary stats for the kind of weapons i used. In every fallout since fallout 1 you had do decide.

But you just throw in a new idea without knowing it :D

With perks you have the problem that every heavy weapon has the same min str requirement. I have my own weapon overhaul so i would add these keywoards for every weapon anyway(lots of work but well, its just another way to balance weapons with nerfing everything to much)

For me it is helpful because i want the player to chose to use only the power armor exoskeletton without any armor parts only for additional strength. I dislike powerarmor anyway because it is op.

You just threw in the weight. It would be great, if the script would compare with the weight of the equipped weapon and use a formula to check if the str would be high enough to use it.

Same could be done for enegeryweapon dmg e.g. The math should be no problem but i dont know if there is a getter function for weaponweight you actualy want to equip.

Are you interested in trying out? As i said i can program but i am a questing noob ^^ Starting scripts via quests is iritating for me, difficult to imagine how i may start it -.-

Everyone with just a little experience and a high interest may add me in skype: Yerude (screensharing of skype is so great for learning stuff!!)