CTD - Textures missing, No error messages

SaikouTenshi

I'm having some trouble when playing skyrim on my PC. Every now and then i will notice that random things will be missing the textures completely. They become purple in color, they retain their shape but lose any detail what so ever. They just become a flat purple color. This happens to armor, animal heads that are mounted on the walls, sometimes trees, etc. After this happens i usually start doing quicksaves every minute or so because i know a crash is coming. I would attach a screenshot of the textures but i am not currently at home to do this.

However, the texture losses doesnt always happen before the game crashes. It will do it randomly, either mid fight, or when it goes to a loading screen. There are no errors, its a silent CTD and happens instantly. I am running the game on Ultra high quality and i've checked the temps of the CPU and graphics card and everything looks fine. CPU usage is below 15% at all times and my RAM usage never goes over 50% so i dont think its a hardware issue. I want to also note that i do have the latest drivers for my devices.

I'm not sure if the patch coming out soon is going to address the issue or not, but i didnt see anything in the notes about it fixing specific graphical issues and crashes for PC. ANy suggestions?

Happens to a lot of people apparently. Seems random...saving and reloading fixes it. Happened to me once and my first reaction was "WTF Bethesda :rolleyes:" Hopefully it will be fixed in the patch.

I have this bug as well, quite random really. No idea what causes it, but i usually have a CTD not long after.

Since i started using the Skyrim4GB.exe it does happen much less and i hardly have ctd's anymore (maybe once in 4-6 hours, good reminder to get out of my chair and do something else)

Also using the Nvidia beta drivers with ambient occlusion forced on atm which gives a small fps hit, but no noticeable extra troubles since i started using those.

This is an example of what used to be the problem for me:

Edited by Sjakies123

I have this bug as well, quite random really. No idea what causes it, but i usually have a CTD not long after.

Since i started using the Skyrim4GB.exe it does happen much less and i hardly have ctd's anymore (maybe once in 4-6 hours, good reminder to get out of my chair and do something else)

Also using the Nvidia beta drivers with ambient occlusion forced on atm which gives a small fps hit, but no noticeable extra troubles since i started using those.

This is an example of what used to be the problem for me:

Thats exactly what my problem is. Glad you could provide the screenshot. I will have to try turning ambient occlusion on for a while and see how that goes. I did download the beta driver but i havent seen much of a difference in crashes.

I keep running into this as well, so I suppose it's a rather common bug. What I think it is, is that the game for some reason can't find the texture it needs, and reverts to that lovely no texture found-pink. And likewise, when I notice the game is starting to veer intro the Twilight Zone, I save and wait for the crash. It's irritating, but it's better than the crashes that comes unprovoked out of nowhere.

Hopefully, since this seems like a rather widespread bug, Bethesda might adress this is tomorrow's patch. They've had plenty of time, after all.