PlayMagicShaderVisuals Question

Crimsonfoxy

If I want to apply a continuous effect to an actor, in my case, a custom Bighorner, do I only need to call it once without a duration parameter or constantly?

Eg.

begin GameMode
pms GlowingOneFXShader
end

OR

begin GameMode
if ( doOnce == 0 )
pms GlowingOneFXShader
set doOnce to 1
endif
end

It does work without the doOnce but I can't tell if it's reapplying it constantly and wasting resources. Anyone got any experience with this?

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/PlayMagicShaderVisuals

I did try it before but I had another go and it still didn't work...until I tried to shoot it then it activated the glow. Now if I can get that without it being in battle (especially seeing as this one shouldn't be affected by gunfire). Edited by Crimsonfoxy

ScriptEffectStart block is for effect script only.

begin GameMode
pms GlowingOneFXShader
end

that might crash the game because you are calling pms function every frame.

begin GameMode
if ( doOnce == 0 )
pms GlowingOneFXShader
set doOnce to 1
endif
end

this is much better approach than the one above, potential problem with this is that when you load the save file, it will have GlowingOneFXShader off but doOnce is set to 1, so it won't apply the effect any more.

Begin OnLoad
pms GlowingOneFXShader
End

Try this one. This will apply the shader once when the npc is loaded.

From my experience with GlowingOneFXShader, this needs to be called only once, and the shader effect stays with the NPC.

Edited by dree74

Begin OnLoad
pms GlowingOneFXShader
End

Try this one. This will apply the shader once when the npc is loaded.

From my experience with GlowingOneFXShader, this needs to be called only once, and the shader effect stays with the NPC.

This works perfectly, exactly what I'm looking for. Still probably think the actor effect is a better method but as I can't figure out what's going wrong this works just as well. =) Cheers guys.