Will life on Earth end?

Septim741

Answer any and all of the questions above.

1. Do you believe life (human) on Earth will end?

2. Do you have a religious belief in the Apocalypse? (Do you believe in an Antichrist and such?)

3. Do you believe that an end is coming soon?

4. What will end life (again, human) on Earth?

Personally:

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. No clue.

4. God.

So there, what do you believe?

1. It's gotta end sometime!

2. Yup, but in more of a whole, earth is too corrupt so whatever force created the univerese just goes zap!

3. If humans bring it on themselves.

4. Well if everyone is a good person (0.0000000001% chance) then it could end with the death of our sun, who knows!?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. To be realistic yes, eventually human life will cease to exsist, while other life on earth still remains. Whether it be Cockroaches from nuclear fallout, or animals immune to the superbug, we will destroy ourselves, and probably cause another mass extinction on the earth. anytime soon? Who knows could be 10,999 years from now, could be by the time OBAMA gets elected. ( you know its gonna happen.) Also we are gonna keep messing the atmosphere up, and without that well, nothing lives.

2. My religion doesnt dictate Apocolypse or Armaggeddon. But it does dictate extreme oppisites and with life there is death, and a beginning and an end.

3. as stated above, it could come anytime, or not at all. who knows?

4. Human life on earth will end in one of 2 ways and 2 ways only, a large enough astroid hits the earth and causes and ETE (* end time event ) or a bug wipes us out. They already have contigents in place for a total nuclear war, that wont end human life, just kill billions. it is also possible that a supoer volcano like yellowstone spues out earths core and we become like mars, but still i belive there is life there also as i come from there.

Remeber, just my opinion.

1. It all depends on what "human" is. Eventually we are going to evolve to the point that we will likely be quite a bit different in both external and internal factors. Since I think that any beings that will eventually evolve from modern humans will still be "human", no.

2. You can't fool me into answering questions like that!

For shame.

3. Not for quite a while, really. What was it, 5 billion* years until the Sun goes Red Giant?

4. Well, by the time the Sun expands into a red glowing orb of death to loom obscenely close in the morning sky, Humans will hopefully have left the planet, effectively ending Human life on Earth.

*Am I the only one who finds the word "billion" almost comical? It sounds like something a child make up, similar to "jillion" and "gazillion".

Answer any and all of the questions above.

2. Do you have a religious belief in the Apocalypse? (Do you believe in an Antichrist and such?)

1. yes.

2. open minded

3. no.

4. Apathy.

1- Probably, but not completely

2- I am atheist and i do not have any religious belief, but i don't dislike looking at religions in their philosophical meanings (whenever there are any)

3- There are many ignored threats that could cause heavy disasters in the next few years. Better be aware...

4 - War, pollution, water, waste of natural resources. I any case it will be something caused by few people against millions.

1. It most certainly will not.

2. Yes, but not the traditional "Christian" view.

3. This answer goes way beyond a simple yes or no.

4. See #1.

Feel free to pm me, as getting into any detail about this on the forums is prohibited.

-T-

1. What has a start has also an end. That is a fact that cannot be proven to be false.

2. I'm not very religious person, so I don't believe in apocalypses described in any religion.

3. Not sure about that, but I think we'll live here still a long while.

4. Propably some natural coincident like asteroids.

1. What has a start has also an end. That is a fact that cannot be proven to be false.

2. I'm not very religious person, so I don't believe in apocalypses described in any religion.

3. Not sure about that, but I think we'll live here still a long while.

4. Propably some natural coincident like asteroids.

HAHA funny topic yet one that could happen at any time, my favourite ones are......

1) F-OFF asteroid about to hit earth, government goes..."We don't have enough tax money to build a super missile to break it into fragments and another one if the first one fails", world goes splat.

2) Aztecs actually calculated/belived? that the world would end in 2012 by earthquakes, volcanoes and floods! What does everyone think of that one.

• 1 month later...
Im pretty sure the religous stuff is not allowed, but anyways life on earth will end? no. humans might... probably will, but life as we know it will not end, think about it, a cockroach can survive an ice age, a nuclear war and survive for billions of years

Archived