Natural environments not working

Ovennamedheats

Just what it says. I've attempted to extract it to the Data folder under Oblivion and then tried moving it to the OMOD sub-folder of OBMM. I also downloaded the NE conversion script thing and followed the instructions and when I hit edit script under create OMOD nothing shows up. Here is the path:"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\obmm\mods\Natural environments\Natural Environments-2536(1)\NE_213_omodConvData-10257\omod conversion data"

I'm unsure if these observations are related. Quicksfv was recommended here:Natural Environments OBMM installation script by MiSP. I try to install it but can't find an application to run after it says it has been installed. The only thing that shows up when I search for it is the installer.

When I click the NE_check as the instructions say to, the command prompt window flashes on the screen for a moment and then disappears. This flashing command prompt phenomenon also seems to happen when downloading a file and the option to save or open pops up. If I choose open with 7-zip, the command prompt window flashes for a moment. Then, when I click on the downloads tab of the browser, click on OBSE for example the command prompt flashes again.

Let me know if any other info is needed. Help is appreciated.

Edited by Ovennamedheats

Have you followed the step by step in the Natural Environments OBMM installation script mod description?

I don't see any way I could simplify MiSP's instructions ... follow the Quick Version instructions exactly and only look at the Thorough Version instructions if you aren't successful with the Quick Version.

I always download to a folder. Either click on the words "download manually" or where it says "Natural Environments" with the little magnifying glass behind it. You will get a Windows Save dialogue. Create the suggested folder using the Save dialogue's create a folder button after using the drop down box to navigate to where you want the folder created (H:\Oblivion_Downoads\NE would be where it would wind up on my machine).

Do the same with the OBMM installation script mod (mine would be H:\Oblivion_Downloads\NE_OBMM_Script).

Use 7-Zip to extract both downloads to the same folder you downloaded to (which is what it will do by default). Copy the "omod conversion" folder from where you extracted it to where you extracted Natural Environments (in my example after extracting the script mod I would have H:\Oblivion_Downloads\NE_OBMM_Script\omod conversion with files in the omod conversion folder ... copy the folder as per the instructions).

Alright, I seem to have made some progress. Only issue now is this keeps popping up:"Invalid Argument to CopyPlugin

I think it's time to atart keeping a journal.

Trying again, how can I take some screenshots? I'm doing as you suggested, my pathways are different and I'm under the assumption that the problem is related to the pathways.

C:\Users\Brian\Downloads\Natural Environments Main\Natural Environments-2536.zip

C:\Users\Brian\Downloads\Natural Environments OBMM Script Mod\NE_213_OMODCONVDATA-10257(I'm not sure what the extension is for application).exe actually

I didn't have an option to save to a particular folder when I clicked save rather than open, unsure why that is so I just created two new folders in the file manager, named them appropriately and now I'll try the next step.

Any idea why the command prompt flashes on the screen when I try to open Natural Environments-2536.zip?

C:\Users\Brian\Downloads\Natural Environments Main\Natural Environments-2536--------->ok so now there are two items in the folder I downloaded to, the original.zip and the newly created folder as you can see at the end of the path.

C:\Users\Brian\Downloads\Natural Environments OBMM Script Mod\NE_213_omodConvData-10257--------->same goes here, two items, the original script application that I downloaded and the new folder.

Not sure why you use 7zip to extract files from an application, that doesn't make sense to me but oh well. Can you explain?

Now I'm going to attempt to place this into the correct location.

Moved the newly created omod conv data folder in to the Natural Environments main folder.

So I have three items in NE main folder, the original NE .zip plus the extracted NE and the extracted NE conv

I think this is where I will run in to issues as I think my path's may be messed up.

Yeah, something isn't working, I'm able to create an OMOD and I can see data/information when I click on edit script but then these little popup menus say Error in script.........

Invalid argument to function 'InstallDataFolder'

Folder 'Meshes\' is not part of this plugin on line 10.

3 more of these pop up and then it asks if I'm using HDR, which I say yes but I'm not sure if that's what it wants.

Then a popup menu tells me to select any number of four options natural habitat, veg, water, weather and then it goes down the line of natural options, a few more invalid arguments pop up, I select brighter torches because I'm using darnified ui, more invalid arguments. An then it seems it's installed. Not sure how to tell though because when I launch the game and click data files there are no Natural Environments options to choose.

Edited by Ovennamedheats