Any good slender short sword mods out there... or alternatively, long daggers?

SmedleyDButler

Looking for a small slender, discrete sword which a rogue or archer can use as a secondary weapon with a bow. A blade length of maybe about a foot and a half would be just about perfect.

The issue seems to be that of the few short sword mods out there, many of them simply make fat stubby versions of regular swords (or which make gladiuses or sword on a gladius pattern, which are just inherently fat and stubby ). Plus a few mods have recently been taken down - the fellow who made the Brug Hild (which is another "fat" short sword based on the gladius shape and not what I'm looking for, but was very nicely made) took all his weapon mods down.

So far it seems like there's a collection of generic short swords (they look like the base vanilla weapons) in the Heavy Armory mod (formerly available as the standalone mod "Short Swords For Skyrim"). There's also supposedly the Jaysus Swords pack, but honestly they all look like full-size swords - I don't see any small or short ones there.

There's also a mod titled "Lozenge S145 Shortsword" but that's just someone being cheeky, since that sword is actually larger than most greatswords.

Any suggestions?

Edited by SmedleyDButler

I use a combo of these two mods as replacers. (Some from one, some from the other.) If I recall correctly, the Elven sword in SBO is very nicely done. Both have a very nice steel sword as well, depending on whether you prefer the standard hilt on a thinner blade, or a thinner hilt as well.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39870/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8781/?

I just tried to extend a standard dagger to shortsword length for you, but unfortunately the grip grows with the blade. :/

Billyro's set is nice... the Assassin's Dagger is definitely the right size, though it's not all that elegant, with its rather simple basic sabre shape. Still, that's a leading candidate for now and the one I like best out of what I've seen.

As for the replacers, they do improve the look of the weapons, but have issues. The SBO pack is something I might install anyway, just to make stock weapons look better but only affects the lower level weapons... I'd rather not have to go crazy on smithing just to get that lowly iron or steel dagger up to useful damage (the elven and glass daggers still look ridiculous, but then I don't think anything can save those which uses the default meshes, haha). On the other hand the Leanwolf pack conflicts with some other replaces I'm already using (mainly for bows & quivers, but also an ebony weapons replacer). I suppose I can fix that with the load order but it all seems like overkill for a single sword.

One of the things I'm wondering about is if there are any great-looking weapons buried in follower packs. For instance there's some really nice swords in the Ciri outfit pack brought in from the Witcher, which I've given to a follower.

There are a few daggers and shortswords in http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44179/?, the silver ones are quite slender.

Regarding the conflicts, you can always unpack the mod and just install the meshes you want, remember to keep the folder structure intact, zip it and load it in NMM

There are a few daggers and shortswords in http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44179/?, the silver ones are quite slender.

Regarding the conflicts, you can always unpack the mod and just install the meshes you want, remember to keep the folder structure intact, zip it and load it in NMM

Yes, the silver one is quite nice. Definitely an option, thanks.

The Armoury of Vernon Roche - Witcher 2 Weapons has quite a long dagger in it.

Also Bosmer by maty743 has a really long curved dagger

Man, those bosmer short swords are neat and on-theme, but what on earth is going on with the grip/hand clipping there.