Mod Request: More Logical Animals

Alzucard

At the moment the animals in NMS doing nothing really. Just staying around and waiting for whatever.

That dissapointed me a lot.

You can compare the planets in NMS with the earth thousand years ago. The dinosaurs are not that different from the Creatures in NMS.

You have scavengers, herd animals, carnivores and herbivores.

At the moment they doing nothing. I would like to see that carnivores attacking other animals.

At the moment they only attack you, but that makes no sense. How they survive.

And herbivores dont stay at places with lots of plants are they dont care at all about teh plants. Sometimes it looks liek they eat, but in reality its just a simple animation that appears random.

Even their behavior doesnt change during a storm. They jsut act like always. Why they dont go and hide until the storm is over.

Whoelse would like something like that. It is a hard job, but i think it s possible.

I would try it myself, but i dont really understand that Compiler system. I tried to change a dds, but at all nothign happened ingame.

Edited by Alzucard

A real AI for the animals would be cool.
Also i think for behaviour like you mentioned it would be necessairy to increase the overall animal spawning rate. Not sure if the game could handle all this additional processing very well though, it's really barely running on my gaming laptop as it is. But it certainly could add a lot the experience.

PS: If someone would find a way to fiddle around with the animal generator so it produces dinosaur-like animals like in the E3 2014 trailer would be great too.