The Missing Family

KLAofDOOM

Hello -

I went through the Meresti Service Tunnel to reach The Family. The attachments show what I ran into. Looks like something removed the next section? Perhaps a mode is overrighting this section? Any thoughts on how I can repair this? I'd like to avoid a reinstall if possible, though I will go there if that is what is needed. Any help would be appreciated.

Patched Fallout 3 to the latest (1.7) patch I assume?

Have you tried loading a savegame previous to your current one? (you do have multiple savegames, right?)

And what version of the game do you have? (GOTY, Steam, other)

That door is not supposed to open. It is supposed to teleport you to the next map. You are seeing the back side of the map from an open door that was never supposed to truly open. This can happen if you use console codes to bypass Questlines or by some other means such as using the console to unlock doors or terminals early. Or I have seen it when by some accident you are able to do Quest Stages out of order. Another way this can happen is by another mod messing up the Door Reference. I know you said you "deactivated" your mods, but that's not always going to do it. I have had cases myself where deactivating did not work, but truly removing the mod and all its associated files completely did work. Thats why using FOMM is so important.

You can try removing all Mods completely, backtrack on your saves to see if you can find where it messed up, or you can try the following first, which is what I suggest. Open the Console, and without the quotes, type "COC MerestiMetro02". This will move you to the other doors reference where you were supposed to be teleported. Technically it moves you to the COC Reference, but as luck would have it it is in the same spot as the Door. IF nothing else is fudged up you can proceed normally. First I would download THIS MOD which puts a nice shortcut to the Station in the Wastes. I say first because it gets triggered to unlock when you go enter Metro2 the first time.

To BlackRampage: Yes - patched to 1.7, GOTY edition. I will try to load the earliest save I have and see what that does.

To vforvic: I understand what you are saying. Yes, I did use FOMM to install my mods (I have just moved to the NMM as of yesterday). I am very new to the whole modding thing (originally played Fallout 3 on the Xbox and fell in love w the game - love the posibilities of modding the PC version), and it is entirely possible that I mucked something up. Not sure about how to "open the console" so a little more guidance on how to do that would be very appreciated.

Thanks to both of you for helping me.

Not sure about how to "open the console" so a little more guidance on how to do that would be very appreciated.

Use the "tilde" key. When you normally press it you get this: ~

On most keyboards it's under the Esc (escape) key and to the left of the number 1 key. Hit the same key again to close the console.

Thanks. I think I will try reloading the game to see if that clears it up. Am in the process of getting my mods set-up on the NMM, and then I will try that and see if it clears it up. I appreciate the help.

Thanks. I think I will try reloading the game to see if that clears it up. Am in the process of getting my mods set-up on the NMM, and then I will try that and see if it clears it up. I appreciate the help.

just to be sure you wil know you are in the console when the game UI dissapears and is replaced by a blinking cursor in the lower left corner

unless you know what you are doing its best to stay away from the console