Draugr deathlord disarm shout

Thoreai

I'm really getting annoyed by this shout that the draugr deathlords are spamming on player...even that wouldnt be such a problem but thier shout literally finds you!

I been trying to roll out of their shouts but somehow magically the shouts live their own lives and find you on their own, for example im rolling at the back of the deathlord when he is about to shout and while he is facing away from me, the shout always comes my direction disarming my weps, wich i have problem to find then.

Maybe a mod that would highlight the weps on the ground would be great...sigh cant wait for something like that to come. :facepalm: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by pavy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's annoying yeah, blocking seems to stop the disarm on the chars I've tried, think you might have to be in mid-power attack to avoid it on dual wielders though, or perhaps it could be armor / skill level related - dunno

Yeah it really makes me angry, im playing a dual dagger sin on expert difficulty with a mod that enables a bit more enemies to be arround and im using lower lvl daggers so fights are more challenging but this is just plain stupid not be able to get away from their shouts.

The good thing is that it makes the game a little more challenging and adds some utility to bound weapons. The bad thing is that looking around for dropped weapons can be a real pain. I've been playing with a dual wielding character, two handed weapons probably don't pose the same problem but I know how frustrating it can be with daggers when you can't find them.

Maybe a mod that would highlight the weps on the ground would be great...sigh cant wait for something like that to come.

Something that would highlight items laying around would be great. In fact it could be a fantastic mod for players who don't have a good eyesight and can't really see items dropped in a crowded environment. Of course it would have to be linked to a key so we may have to wait for the toolset and the script extender.

Edited by Shantih

The good thing is that it makes the game a little more challenging and adds some utility to bound weapons. The bad thing is that looking around for dropped weapons can be a real pain. I've been playing with a dual wielding character, two handed weapons probably don't pose the same problem but I know how frustrating it can be with daggers when you can't find them.

Maybe a mod that would highlight the weps on the ground would be great...sigh cant wait for something like that to come.

Something that would highlight items laying around would be great. In fact it could be a fantastic mod for players who don't have a good eyesight and can't really see items dropped in a crowded environment. Of course it would have to be linked to a key so we may have to wait for the toolset and the script extender.

Yes i think a mod like that would really help and not only for the people with not good eyesight...many times happened to me i got disarmed in a darker area...that makes it nearly impossible to find the weapons. :confused:

Their disarm don't work anymore on my character, nor their unrelenting force, I think that started to happen when I was level 30-40, so my guess is that if your high enough level they won't annoy you as much =)

Oh and there's a quest wich have an even more annoying Draugr:

It is the Forbidden Legend quest, basically you need to go through 3 dungeons to get 3 fragments of the The Gauldur Amulet, wich gives a bonus of +30 Magicka, Health and Stamina and is the reward of the quest and also you have to go through a 4th dungeon to reforge the amulet, fun right? NO! In each dungeon of the fragments you have to fight a Draugr boss, each of them have their own names (I forgot but hey I gave the amulet and the quest name so theres that), but theres one in particular wich is SO FREAKING ANNOYING, he makes like 5 copies of himself and it's not that hard to find the real one but they spread in plataforms so you have to climb them to hit the right one, but heres the catch, every one of the 5 copies use Unrelenting Force on you AND the real one too, so you when you are very close to the real one you get pushed back wich is REALLY ANNOYING, they swich up, so the real one is in a different location, it is kinda of that LoZ MM sub-boss, and your character takes a HUGE time to get up so it's even more ANNOYING, and when you kill him and you think it's over you have to fight him and the other 2 bosses in the 4th dungeon to reforge the amulet, great isn't it? But it gets better, this time around the bosses are all spiritual versios of themselves, so the right one looks the same as the copies, AMAZING! But really, wich jokes and annoyance aside, I kinda like that boss, because it's one of the few wich actually feel like bosses, because he have sorta of a puzzle to him and hes not just a generic warrior/mage/archer but with more damage and hp, and he is actually challenging, and I wish dungeons in Skyrim had more of these types of bosses.

Their disarm don't work anymore on my character, nor their unrelenting force, I think that started to happen when I was level 30-40, so my guess is that if your high enough level they won't annoy you as much =)

Oh and there's a quest wich have an even more annoying Draugr:

It is the Forbidden Legend quest, basically you need to go through 3 dungeons to get 3 fragments of the The Gauldur Amulet, wich gives a bonus of +30 Magicka, Health and Stamina and is the reward of the quest and also you have to go through a 4th dungeon to reforge the amulet, fun right? NO! In each dungeon of the fragments you have to fight a Draugr boss, each of them have their own names (I forgot but hey I gave the amulet and the quest name so theres that), but theres one in particular wich is SO FREAKING ANNOYING, he makes like 5 copies of himself and it's not that hard to find the real one but they spread in plataforms so you have to climb them to hit the right one, but heres the catch, every one of the 5 copies use Unrelenting Force on you AND the real one too, so you when you are very close to the real one you get pushed back wich is REALLY ANNOYING, they swich up, so the real one is in a different location, it is kinda of that LoZ MM sub-boss, and your character takes a HUGE time to get up so it's even more ANNOYING, and when you kill him and you think it's over you have to fight him and the other 2 bosses in the 4th dungeon to reforge the amulet, great isn't it? But it gets better, this time around the bosses are all spiritual versios of themselves, so the right one looks the same as the copies, AMAZING! But really, wich jokes and annoyance aside, I kinda like that boss, because it's one of the few wich actually feel like bosses, because he have sorta of a puzzle to him and hes not just a generic warrior/mage/archer but with more damage and hp, and he is actually challenging, and I wish dungeons in Skyrim had more of these types of bosses.

I have done that quest but somewhere in the middle it got bugged and i couldnt loot the draugr boss for the amulet no matter what i done so had to stop it...though their disarm works on me nearly always and im lvl 38.