WHAT IS YOUR DREAM MOD ?

bigds

1.) every Fate/zero and Fate/stay night character's(s') armor weapons and as followers PLEASE DO THIS ONE

2.) naruto characters as followers preferably kakashi, minato, madara, sauske, pain, and itachi

3.) dinosaurs as enemy creatures (dragons dont count lol)

4.) also, i want all the tailed beast from naruto as followers and enemies

5.) some OST's from animes

6.) Kratos from the god of war series

7.) armor and weapons and magic attacks from the Saint Seiya series/knights of the zodiac + i would most definitely like them as marriageable followers.

8.) i want to see some creatures from the Yu-Gi-Oh card game as followers and enemies

9.) and I WANT REVANS ARMOR FROM KOTOR(knight of the old republic) PLEASE

sorry i dont know how to insert images yet

10.) NOBODY WANTS AN EMIYA SHIROU FOLLOWER LOL maybe we'll see in the F/SN [REMAKE]

11.) Creatures From star wars enemies and followers ranchors, wampa, ackleys however you spell them sorry

12.) if at all possible i would like a real pokemon mod

13.) it would be nice to see giant mech robots like you see in Gundam, valvrave, and code geass as enemies or followers

14.) I WOULD LIKE AN ATTACK ON TITAN MOD PLZ

15.)characters transformation, attacks, armor, and as followers from the DBZ series

16.) some more gun mods if at all possible

i may have more idea come to mind in the future but for now this is all i got

thanks you

these are my request

i just copied and pasted this

so out of all of those if i had to pick one i would want you to do choice #1 please

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mod that adds Hawke's default beard from Dragon Age 2 and Reinhart Manx's hair from Dungeon Siege 3.

Sincerely: La Carovere

-EDIT-: Would also like to see an armor mod that resembles the "Talon Armor" from Batman: Night of the Owls

Edited by Carovere

My dream mod is something that adds no rewards. It does not benefit the player in any sort of instantaneous way. It is not about appearances, stats, gameplay, balancing, overpowering, armor, weapons, or homes. It is most certainly not about followers (please, god, no more...). It isn't about immersion. And it isn't, in any way, most definitely, absolutely, positively about redoing Lydia's face. Or redoing Whiterun (not that we have enough of those or anything). And for the love of all that is good and sane... it has nothing to do with marriage.

I want a mod that tells a story.

And not a story that involves "quests" where you must go and slay the troll. Or a dragon. Or travel to a new land comprised solely of bandits and loud Nords in a conflict that ends in a complete deus ex machina via a dragon. Or help to rebuild a town while everyone treats you like an idiot and forces you to go on courier missions that are more complicated than they need to be because it is forgotten that the player is actually part of the group they are trying to sneak into. Or cart your way to another province only to find that it is linear, shallow, and only has a couple of unrelated activities that in no way seem anything short of soulless and empty.

I don't want a quest mod, I want a story mod. One that engages you as a player and shows you ideas and concepts that can only be made in such a wide, expansive fantastical world completely free to shape and manipulate. I want to see intriguing plot lines that require a lot of thought to both create and experience, giving moments of pure, genuine emotion that is only stronger because of the investment it gives the character it acknowledges you are trying to play as. I want to see intensely deep characters with rich backstories and deeply moving and unique personalities, all of whom acknowledge that you are more than just a courier. I want them to question you, your decisions; I want them to engage in theoretical conversations relating to the current plot and story that is occurring at that given time.

And most importantly, I want to feel something. I want to feel wonder at the new content being shown to me as I try and take in the depth and beauty of the story's imagination. I want to feel superior as I achieve something worth partaking in. I want to feel egotistical about my own prowess, only to be deservingly thrown to the ground as my own pride plays into the enemy's hand. I want to feel depression due in part to my own mistakes wrapped with the inevitable and oppressing sense of dread, forcing you, the player, to make decisions that mean something to everyone you've come to care about. I want to feel anger at those that have wronged me and those that I have come to respect and love. I want to feel happy, relieved, and triumphant when I am capable of accomplishing humility in the midst of chaos and violence, to prove to all those who have expressed doubt that I have succeeded. And I want to feel that everything that I have been shown and told has been resolved by the end of it, that everything I have experienced has been worth my time and investment in every sense of the concept.

I want a mod that actually means something. Not a mod that by rights should only exist to compliment what you already have.

And I want mods like these to exist not merely to provide wonderful experiences, but to raise peoples' standards and make them ask for more than just a retexture or a shallow, marriagable follower that have come in spades.

...And I want to sound a little less pretentious with my endeavors, but y'know, heat of the moment and all that.

My dream mod is something that adds no rewards. It does not benefit the player in any sort of instantaneous way. It is not about appearances, stats, gameplay, balancing, overpowering, armor, weapons, or homes. It is most certainly not about followers (please, god, no more...). It isn't about immersion. And it isn't, in any way, most definitely, absolutely, positively about redoing Lydia's face. Or redoing Whiterun (not that we have enough of those or anything). And for the love of all that is good and sane... it has nothing to do with marriage.

And not a story that involves "quests" where you must go and slay the troll. Or a dragon. Or travel to a new land comprised solely of bandits and loud Nords in a conflict that ends in a complete deus ex machina via a dragon. Or help to rebuild a town while everyone treats you like an idiot and forces you to go on courier missions that are more complicated than they need to be because it is forgotten that the player is actually part of the group they are trying to sneak into. Or cart your way to another province only to find that it is linear, shallow, and only has a couple of unrelated activities that in no way seem anything short of soulless and empty.

I don't want a quest mod, I want a story mod. One that engages you as a player and shows you ideas and concepts that can only be made in such a wide, expansive fantastical world completely free to shape and manipulate. I want to see intriguing plot lines that require a lot of thought to both create and experience, giving moments of pure, genuine emotion that is only stronger because of the investment it gives the character it acknowledges you are trying to play as. I want to see intensely deep characters with rich backstories and deeply moving and unique personalities, all of whom acknowledge that you are more than just a courier. I want them to question you, your decisions; I want them to engage in theoretical conversations relating to the current plot and story that is occurring at that given time.

And most importantly, I want to feel something. I want to feel wonder at the new content being shown to me as I try and take in the depth and beauty of the story's imagination. I want to feel superior as I achieve something worth partaking in. I want to feel egotistical about my own prowess, only to be deservingly thrown to the ground as my own pride plays into the enemy's hand. I want to feel depression due in part to my own mistakes wrapped with the inevitable and oppressing sense of dread, forcing you, the player, to make decisions that mean something to everyone you've come to care about. I want to feel anger at those that have wronged me and those that I have come to respect and love. I want to feel happy, relieved, and triumphant when I am capable of accomplishing humility in the midst of chaos and violence, to prove to all those who have expressed doubt that I have succeeded. And I want to feel that everything that I have been shown and told has been resolved by the end of it, that everything I have experienced has been worth my time and investment in every sense of the concept.

I want a mod that actually means something. Not a mod that by rights should only exist to compliment what you already have.

And I want mods like these to exist not merely to provide wonderful experiences, but to raise peoples' standards and make them ask for more than just a retexture or a shallow, marriagable follower that have come in spades.

...And I want to sound a little less pretentious with my endeavors, but y'know, heat of the moment and all that.

Sad thing is, I can write the stories for mods like this, but I don't have the modding skills needed to build them.

Sad thing is, I can write the stories for mods like this, but I don't have the modding skills needed to build them.

Same boat as you. It would be neat if there was some sort of thread where writers would post a kind of summary of their story, and modders could read the thread, scanning for possible leads. And then when a modder finds a story they like, they can get in touch and make it happen. That would make for a fascinating experiment, letting the public know about writers with no way to publish their stories and coders with no ideas to work with.

The really cool thing is that we already have so many assets - namely all of the immersion mods, follower mods, homes and lands mods, etc. - that people can work with. Think of it this way: suddenly you aren't just downloading a mod that adds a sword. It adds an entire DLC that includes that sword as part of the story. And then suddenly the Nexus turns into a shopping mall for free DLC sized expansions.

I Agree, If someone were to make a mod that gives the player a custom sword with great unique textures, then add a crappy generic quest to go kill a

ruin full of bandits.

Why not the sword the product of a forgotten daedra or powerful Dremora, that was obtained by the hero of Kvatch in his later years after helping slay Mehrunes Dagon. it could be passed from son to grandson until being stolen by a Warrior / Werewolf seeking to start his own bandit clan, the Sword's daedric whispering could drive him to murder the most of his followers, forcing the few that survived into the cells of the prison the warrior / werewolf used for a camp, the dragon-born discovers this prison and leads a revolt by freeing the imprisoned bandits and leading a charge against the overpowered warrior / werewolf in the center of the camp. the blade being cleansed of its curse by the blood of a beast.

Doesn't that sound better than "Kill the Bandit leader in Ember-shard Mine"

A rangers guild, pretty much, with a full quest and storyline that could easily slot into Skyrim as though it were meant to be included as part of the main game release from day one. I care not for the 5 million and a half anime models and followers that get chucked up on here nearly every day, I just want something that could easily fit into the lore without looking too out of place.

Apart from that, maybe some little tweaks here and there, such as the use of an alembic to distil weak potions and poisons into higher-level more potent ones, dependent on your alchemy skill (i.e. at a low alchemy skill, can only distill minor potions into normal potions or need more such as 3 or 4 instead of 2 that could be possible at a higher level and so forth), or to be able to reinforce existing enchantments on items with higher enchanting skills instead of needing to enchant new items for the same effect. Even learn unique crafting recipes for smithing, like a leather-reinforced hide or wooden shield, or even more composite armours and weapons that would require a smithing skill of 100 or close with the relative perks needed, but would provide additional benefits like lighter weight for the same damage protection or inflicted damage as a heavier armour or weapon or additional passive bonuses like increased resistance to being staggered.

Edited by Notanon81