Constant CTD (with 'VM is thawing' message)

number23scorpio

Hey everyone, I am James. Recently, I have sufferred from constant CTD. I do not know which mod caused it, nor do I know what kind of conflict it was.

I am using the Papyrus log. The last log goes like this (I am sorry for the long log):

http://pastebin.com/ecsdpX4D

My plugin list is like this:

http://pastebin.com/W28GGQvr

I tried my best to read that log but I am unable to find anything valuable assistance online. Was it because of a mod conflict? I have been careful not to choose any incompatible one? I have also cleaned orphan scripts with Script Cleaner but the problem persists? Anyone, please help!

I understand: I have so many mods that I can not reliably find the cause of CTD. The problem for me was: Whenever I got close to Mzinchaleft, I got CTD. Everytime this happened, even when I use coc MzinchaleftExterior to get there. I took it that it must have been due a mod conflict but for the life of me I could not pinpoint which mod. My take is that it must have been several mods that changed the landscape and script such as Civil War Overhaul or Cutting Room Floor. Would that narrow down the range?

Yeah it will usually be just a few large mods that will conflict with each other at certain world spaces hence why you can go and play the game in other areas and then ctd on a specific area

I understand: I have so many mods that I can not reliably find the cause of CTD. The problem for me was: Whenever I got close to Mzinchaleft, I got CTD. Everytime this happened, even when I use coc MzinchaleftExterior to get there. I took it that it must have been due a mod conflict but for the life of me I could not pinpoint which mod. My take is that it must have been several mods that changed the landscape and script such as Civil War Overhaul or Cutting Room Floor. Would that narrow down the range?

Thanks for the reply! I understood it because there have been only one instance of CTD at or near a specific area (another was most likely due to a known mod). What I would like to ask is: How may I check for cause for CTD? I understand that there was either a missing file or a conflicting file that caused the CTD. If so, can I pinpoint it, because I could then report to the mod author and request him/her to look at it. Also, is there a way to check for mod compatibility in general? I heard that you could use TES5edit to do so, but so far I dont understand the know-how.

if you could post your load order i could try to narrow it down. You should always read the mod description most times it will tell you what it is and isnt compatiable so its not the mod authors fault if you over right something you shouldnt have. Most times it will be the most recent mods you have installed

if you could post your load order i could try to narrow it down. You should always read the mod description most times it will tell you what it is and isnt compatiable so its not the mod authors fault if you over right something you shouldnt have. Most times it will be the most recent mods you have installed

I have already included the plugin list, but if you ask for the load order, here it is:

http://pastebin.com/GPqz29fD

I will try to figure out the culprit for the CTD too, however I have only experienced CTD in a specific location recently, I fear that the culprit mod might have been one of the earliest mods I installed.