World of Kung Fu

Marcus Wolfe

I was reading a magazine when I saw an ad for an upcomming mmo. I went to the website:http://www.worldofkungfu.com/ and this is what I found:

"The World of Kung Fu is a 3D MMORPG for the PC. Based on traditional Chinese culture, the game takes place in a mythical land founded on the ancient Kung Fu moral values of justice and heroism.

Breaking away from the limits imposed by 'professions', each player starts the game as a martial artists of old, studying Kung Fu in a remote village. Having perfected certain chosen skills by completing extensive training and undergoing numerous tests, players set out to take part in the creation of the Wulin, a classic Kung Fu society. As they travel throughout the various territories of ancient China (Zhong Guo; literally "Middle Kingdom"), players will be able to demonstrate their valor and bravery as they strive to become martial art legends.

Rooted in Chinese traditional society and mythology, the game is designed to provide an authentic cultural experience in which the player will be exposed to the profoundness of China's ancient philosophy and rich customs while enjoying amazing adventures in a fantasy game world setting. The 3D graphics are inspired by the beautiful landscapes of uncontaminated countryside portrayed in Chinese traditional paintings.

As in the real world, the World of Kungfu is a complex network of various interconnecting systems. Unlike other games in which the point of the experience is to defeat monsters and enemies, this game invites the martial artists to become deeply involved in the development and establishment of a society which interweaves economic and social systems. The game also enables the players to enjoy the emotions of a private life filled with romance and drama. Furthermore, as they increase their skills, the players can establish their own school and master their own style of Kung Fu which they will then be able to pass on to others, plus much more!

It is our goal to bring the Middle Kingdom of the World of Kung Fu to life! Many more adventures and additions to the game are planned for the future, both near and far! And of course, all new content upgrades will remain free to download and free to play.

The game also offers a unique aspect that is lacking in some other games. We try to keep WoKF as interactive as possible with GMs that are actually in the game for you to interact with, and well as our Event Staff that creates interactive NPCs and adventures to help give the game a live feel."

And as an experienced martial artist, I begin to think to myself: Martial arts have a way of changing over the years. They evolve into many different styles. They combine, are influenced by eachother. Will the game be able to reflect this?

The game looks very interesting, and MW you forgot to metion the most important thing about it, ITS FREE

Q: How is the World of Kung Fu a free to play game? Is there a monthly fee?

A: World of Kung Fu is free to download and free to play, and will remain that way! There is no monthly fee. There is an item mall in the game that offers useful tools and equipment that will make aspects of the game easier and more fun, and these require the purchase of Gold. That's the only cost in the game, and it's optional!

So from what I've gather you can still earn gold the hard way in game and then purchase anything you could with real money. Currently downloading their nearly 900mb server. I will investigate this further and report back with the real scoop.

No no no, you got it all wrong.

What I'm asking is:

Are the in game Martial arts styles going to evolve over years of Gameplay?

I don't think you'll be able to find that out, though kudos for trying.

Archived