BOSS?

Ovennamedheats

So when I'm in Wrye Bash and I click the BOSS icon at the bottom of the window, what is supposed to happen? A command prompt pops up for a few moments and then a webpage called the BOSS log pops up with three choices:1. Summary, 2. OBSE plugins, 3. Recognized plugins. Am I supposed to do something else here? I don't remember the readme telling me much but then I'll check again.

Click on the Launch BOSS button, the command prompt window will say BOSS working ... and when it is finsihed it will open your default web browser with Summary selected in the far left panel. Info about any user rules you have set up will be displayed when you click User Rules right under Summary (could be it doesn't display if you haven't set up any user rules using the desktop BOSS icon), then it will display a list of your installed OBSE plugins when you click OBSE Plugins and finally a report of all your recognised plugins (mods), useful if you want to see BOSS's recommendations for cleaning mods or bashed tags.

After BOSS has run and brings up the web page report you can also simply close it and then rebuild your bashed patch (or whatever other task you started Wrye Bash for).

You need to start BOSS from it's desktop shortcut so you get the full meal deal version of BOSS. If BOSS doesn't recognize a mod then you can create a user rule to sort it where you think it should be. You can also report the mod here in the mod comments (including a link to the mod page and the exact name of the ESP file) and mhahn123 will add it to the masterlist.

When you run BOSS from the WB interface it just does it's job, opens the browser to display it's reports and returns control to WB.

Edited by Striker879