598 members have voted

1. 1. Worth pursuing?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those saying you cant have more dragonborn thats not true as noone knows how many there are now i agree having a bunch suddenly show out of nowhere is dumb so if more dragonborn show up it needs to be done in such a way as to seem lore friendly maybe one for each race for instance so as to limit how many there are and upon the defaet of aludin they felt drawn to you or something like that and with their help you are able to force and or persuade dragons to your side and build a huge fortress eventually ending up with a small but powerful group of dragons and riders, another way to get more dragonborn in a lore frindly way would be resurreting them, you seek out long dead dragonborn in ruins and using alduin's method of calling back the dragons you call them back from their slumber though i could see them being a little irritated about this so maybe some of them accept servitude others challenge you to a duel and then serve you and some vow to kill you escape and band together which leads to another faction being formed not nessicarly evil they would just hate you just a few ideas to throw at the downers :P

]You could make that you find eldunari maybe near the dragon burial grounds and as you collect more eldunari the time to recharge a shout is lessened although you would have to make it that you have a limit to the amount of eldunari that you can carry at any one time so as not to make yourself OP:)

This would be amazing, BUT it would need to stay away from Paolini's existing storyline, which was so incredibly bad I don't even look at those books anymore.

the lore and idea of dragon riders, minus the cliched dark king driven to insanity by loss.

shout based aerial combat would be sweet, bows too, but swords like in the books would be stupid, dragons are so big that a sword fight would literally be impossible.

and oh please do not implement eldunari like the previous post suggested >.>

oh, and maybe you would be building up your own legion of riders, while the BLADES are using some kind of flying mounts of their own to fight against you and the dragons they hate so much.

if anything i said was posted already, please forgive me, but 18 pages was too much material for me to go through

Edited by galelyan

• 2 weeks later...
so... i'm a little confused about the magic. There are shouts, and now you need to use the ancient language to cast them? then wouldn't you need to learn ancient Elven words too? plus, in order to use shouts, you have to kill dragons and steal their souls. i may be wrong, but it seems like that would be going against the Blodhren alfakyn maen skulblaka eyn Shur'tugal. (Oath of the riders linking elves and humans with dragons.)

Obviously few commenting have read the Eragon series because there is nothing special about the dragon riders before they are chosen. Eragon was just a farm boy when he found her egg and quite normal other than the fact that his father had been a rider before him but that cut into him being a rider little to none.

This mod would be amazing and i've been waiting for one of these to come :D

• 1 month later...

So, abandoned or what? :\

Probably but I've just read through 18 pages so I'm giving my thoughts anyway.

The dragons need a reason to join up and with their natures it needs to be selfish and self-serving. I'm not sure what the lore is regarding dragon eggs but them not hatching, maybe being stolen or something else happening that requires investigating in a way that dragons can't would work. I think the mod needs to avoid the main quest as much as possible so people who have finished the main parts of the game can still play it but ambassadors could still try to curry favour depending on who won or all of them if the civil war is still going on. Random ideas- Ulfric donates history books he's kept from his time as a greybeard initiate, the Empire send a Septim relic, the Dominion an armoury or something equally big and impressive.

As for the riders (npcs not the PC) I don't like the idea of them being dragonborn but why couldn't they learn how to say the words but lack the power of them? While mounted, for example, they can yell Yol Toor Shul and the dragon breathes fire. The only Shout that imo they really need to learn is Dragonrend and it can be argued that it's easier to learn as it's not a dragon word at all. The rider's, including the PC's, shouts could be based on the enchanted metre and meditating could increase their power.

While I don't think the greybeards would try to stop the dragoborn from forming what is essentially a dragon army I can't see them supporting it either. As for the Blades it would take a change of leadership for them to change their All-Dragons-Must-Die stance.

I've thought about it and i would like to continue tomhughes work on this mod but im going to modify it just a tad. i will be making a thread about it. feel free to message me. i would like to put a team together, the info will be in the new thread. i was tired of waiting and it does look like he abandoned this. hope there are people still looking to do this i wouldn't be able to do this on my own.

thanks, MonstaFlux