598 members have voted

1. 1. Worth pursuing?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa... First time I've stumbled on this...

Started work on an Inheritance based mod. Just got texture mods for swords, but once the CK is released, I'm gonna make them feel more like Rider Swords. It's been posted for a while. I'll leave it here for anyone who's interested. Who knows, maybe there'll be some group effort being put into this mod.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3701

It would be cool to be able to call your dragon, with a shout probably.

Imagine yourself in a village, shouting your dragon. You hear the sound of the dragon, then a shadow.

Finally the dragon drops in front of you :D

Additionaly: To be able to give instructions to your dragon (passive, attack everything, attack hostile, guard)

It would be cool to be able to call your dragon, with a shout probably.

Imagine yourself in a village, shouting your dragon. You hear the sound of the dragon, then a shadow.

Finally the dragon drops in front of you :D

Additionaly: To be able to give instructions to your dragon (passive, attack everything, attack hostile, guard)

You can already summon a dragon in skyrim, its a shout you get after the main quest

In Eragon, Dragon and rider are almost always together, in the odd case they are apart they use there minds to contact each other, not a shout. So your idea is a good one. However, it would be more accurate to have a mind power to call the dragon instead of a shout. I do agree with and like the other part of your idea of how you hear the dragon, then see a shadow then it lands in front of you. And also the instructions thing about the dragons mood, that would work very well with the eragon story line too as eragon often influences the mood of his dragon via their thouights.

Good Ideas!!!

What if you're riding your dragon, then land inside a town? Should that then warp you into the town? This isn't Morrowind, we have to think of loading screens and whatnot.

Good point, it could probably be solved by allocating each town/city their own "air space", as soon as you flow over the wall of a town it cuts to the load screen and loads the town. After that you continue flying from where you entered.

What if you're riding your dragon, then land inside a town? Should that then warp you into the town? This isn't Morrowind, we have to think of loading screens and whatnot.

Good point, it could probably be solved by allocating each town/city their own "air space", as soon as you flow over the wall of a town it cuts to the load screen and loads the town. After that you continue flying from where you entered.

Or perhaps put a little barrier in the air around towns then have the whole "Press E to enter" thing.

I like how the Eragon fanclub has come and tried to take over this thread. I like Eragon too but, Jeebus, let the man have his own ideas shown!

I read through all the pages (and probably forget 2/3 of it along the way) and came up with some very bad suggestions:

-If a home is still needed for this new faction, how about Labyrinthian and the area surrounding it?

-I understand that the Blades would have major reservations against siding with dragons but how about, during the recreation of the Blades [i don't know if that will be part of this mod or not], you can create new leaders for the Blades. And those leaders become the first riders. The dragons would likely respect the Blades because.....they kinda made them extinct a couple millenia ago or something. I don't think the Blades would have as much reason to be so against the idea if their leaders are also the leaders of the new faction.

-Maybe the souls of dragons could be captured inside amulets of Talos (I just chose that because it already gives a reduction to shout cooldowns) and that binding gives it the ability to embody one shout.

+makes it a tactical choice of what Shouts you want your riders to have.

-There will be dragons that won't submit to the Way of the Voice, the Thalmor and Dovah could have a mutually beneficial, but independent, relationship. The Thalmor can attack you all they want but if a dragon happens to come by they will harass you and side with the Thalmor. Or if you're hunting a dragon, the Thalmor might send a party out to distract you or attack your base while you're away. Random things.

I might come up with more. I'd like be semi-involved [given credit for no work lol :whistling: ], I could maybe think up some quest ideas, like the story-plot behind the actual gameplay. :psyduck:

I like how the Eragon fanclub has come and tried to take over this thread. I like Eragon too but, Jeebus, let the man have his own ideas shown!

I read through all the pages (and probably forget 2/3 of it along the way) and came up with some very bad suggestions:

-If a home is still needed for this new faction, how about Labyrinthian and the area surrounding it?

-I understand that the Blades would have major reservations against siding with dragons but how about, during the recreation of the Blades [i don't know if that will be part of this mod or not], you can create new leaders for the Blades. And those leaders become the first riders. The dragons would likely respect the Blades because.....they kinda made them extinct a couple millenia ago or something. I don't think the Blades would have as much reason to be so against the idea if their leaders are also the leaders of the new faction.

-Maybe the souls of dragons could be captured inside amulets of Talos (I just chose that because it already gives a reduction to shout cooldowns) and that binding gives it the ability to embody one shout.

+makes it a tactical choice of what Shouts you want your riders to have.

-There will be dragons that won't submit to the Way of the Voice, the Thalmor and Dovah could have a mutually beneficial, but independent, relationship. The Thalmor can attack you all they want but if a dragon happens to come by they will harass you and side with the Thalmor. Or if you're hunting a dragon, the Thalmor might send a party out to distract you or attack your base while you're away. Random things.

I might come up with more. I'd like be semi-involved [given credit for no work lol :whistling: ], I could maybe think up some quest ideas, like the story-plot behind the actual gameplay. :psyduck:

Good ideas ^.

I'd like to be involved in this too. I have all the eragon books so I can always create quest story lines based on the events in the books. If the creater of this thread would like my help feel free to PM me and you can give me some tasks to do if you like !!!!!!!! :)