Dragon Riders of Skyrim - An Eragon/Inheritance Based Mod

tomhughes

598 members have voted

1. 1. Worth pursuing?

• Yes
    • No

tomhuge, or anyone who decided to take the project.

Your idea is not stupid, as not impossible. I'm a expert on dragon lore and story about dragons since Morrowind have come out. Dragons are, sure, selfish, but possess one thing you can exploit... their sense of honor.

In a point, dragons are somewhat rulers, but like Paarthurnax, many are not evil toward mortal. They have one thing that a mortal can change the vision of a dragon... the prove of his strength, like every dragon's legends in others games (even in the trues legends). You don't really need to be a dragonborn to be able to have the respect of a dragon (the thing you need to ride a dragon, normally). Even when they talk, they talk with power! To prove you are worth to have the respect of a dragon, you must prove that you are more strong than him, so you must fight him. If you prove him you're stronger, the dragon will respect you. If you let him alive, the dragon will consider this as a proof of kindness and will respect you much (even consider to have a dept to you). That's how a dragon (in ElderScroll) work. Take the example of Odahviing: He has heard the challenge of the dragonborn and decided to fight him to see his power. Once defeated (well... trapped, to be honest), he recognize the strength of the dragonborn and even consider to become his ally. He even say that much dragons reconsider the rule of Alduin, and thinking if he is really the most strong of all. The dragons have respected the three nordics heros (not much, because they don't have really beat Alduin, they just send him into the time), and even Tiber Septim. Dragons work with power... they work with the most strong. Dragon race or not.

My suggestion: A faction of dragon riders is not impossible, without destroy the story. The dragonborn can retake the promise of Tiber Septim in the past, when he end the war. Tiber has promised to the dragons as long as they are in his service, they will be in peace. However, this promise has been broken, because dragons was again hunted (that's the reason I hate Talos). But, to be honest, maybe it's not his fault... maybe he known nothing of this. There is only one reason for the hunting of the dragons... if you thing a little, the Blades are the only group of dragon slayer in Tamriel. They ''apparently'' worked in the direction of Tiber Septim. But, in the main quest, you discover finally, when they order you ti kill Paarthurnax, that they are not at your service... but YOU are in their service! Too, they have say that greybeards AND emperors don't wanted his dead, so that's mean the true responsable for ending the dragons in Tamriel, even when they gained the peace is not other than the Blades!

Now that the dragons are back, it's not impossible to retake this promise and even make it better! But you must respect what they are... they work with the strongest. So, you can do a kind of test for a new member, to fight a dragon and surpass him. If he did it, the dragon can consider the mortal as strong enough to work with him (with your approbation). After, they will really work together with time!

For a questline in the faction, that can be a conflict with a other group of Blades.

If you need my help for the story, I would be honored, me who is a expert in story (I even create somewhat a special story on every character I create)

Edited by Darkanen

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Darkanen

:ohmy:

Where. Have. You. Been.

I've been in DIRE need of a dragon lore expert since Skyrim came out! Could you mosey on over to my mod thread and help out? (see sig)

@MONSTAFLUX

If you're going to take up this project, you'll have to keep in touch with me to arrange an agreement of compatibility. Since Tomhughes abandoned this and Logiwink abandoned his blades mod I've been taking up more than my mod calls for just to keep the loopholes closed.

Anyway, now that behughes started his main quest overhaul and Jibstaman took over the blades mod, we've all come to a compatibility arrangement. Now if you're taking this mod, you'll have to join in too (mostly with my mod and Jibstaman's) since our mods collide in certain focal points.

yeah sorry ive been inactive for awhile ive had finals for college so i have lots of free time now so i can keep in contact with you. im still super interested in this mod and would love to do it.  XD

<div><br></div><div>EDIT: i will be making an official thread tomorrow but im going to get some sleep for  tomorrow </div>

Edited by MONSTAFLUX

This caught my eye and I have to say I'd enjoy playing with a mod like this I love the Inheritance series least up till the ending of book 4

• 1 year later...