Expanded Morrowind & Oblivion

RelicKylias

ok, let me say that I did not start to FLAM to Septim.

I did nothing wrong that should have upset him.

I only replied to the messages he sent me.

He was extremely rude to me about this and very sarcastic.

an extract "oh, so just because you been working on your project "for ages" it makes it so much more important than mine?"

I did not say it was more important, I said I was looking forward to seeing oblivion expanded, I tried to be as poliet as possible.

Quite frankly, I did nothing to deserve this crap that he's giving me and I think you other people should actually listen to someone else's side of the story before Judging them.;

Sorry for whatever I seem to have ever done,

Andrew Rossi

Unless you can prove that your project was started before Septim's, then you had no right to use his name. Doing so is a breach of copyright, and, in fact illegal, so Septim was well within his rights to ask you to change it.

Now, you clearly have not been part of the modding community long, otherwise you would know that people do not like their ideas being stolen. You would know that people who do steal people's ideas, or even worse, assets, are not well-liked. I might even go so far as to say that they are hated by pretty much everyone in the community, as they cause nothing but trouble. People like you forced the Silgrad Tower team to restrict access to their work- work that was originally intended to be available to the entire community. People like you almost drove Shezrie, a well-known village modder to quit modding completely, by totally ignoring her wishes regarding her work. People like you need to learn some decency and respect for other people.

So, go away, learn some manners, maybe look up the definition of copyright, then come back with a new, unique project, and maybe you won't get flamed so badly.

As polite as possible? Okay, I'll accept that.

I am very sorry to tell you that I cannot change the name of my project. I do not want to make an arguement, but I have been working on my expanded series for ages, and have near twenty unfinshed mods (including Expanded Morrowind) under the title.

To start off, I hope you know just how long it takes to finish one mod. I've been working on Oblivion Expanded for over a year (closer to a year and a half) and I've not yet finished the first episode. I'd be surprised if you finished half of what you plan.

I hope you can understand that I thought of the name long ago and do not wish to change just because of some copyright that does not affect me.
MY PROJECT IS TO ADD ALL THE LITTLE THINGS BETHESDA SHOULD HAVE PUT IN THE GAM

Doesn't affect you? Clearly it does:

I've said this dozens of times: The entire reason I began this mod was because I felt there was something left out of the game, and I wanted my own expansion. To quote myself: "Oblivion Expanded is a large scale four part project that is supposed to Expand the possibilities in gameplay in Oblivion." That can be found here.

MY PROJECT WAS TOTALLY UNRELATED TO YOURS, AND SINCE I'M SO NEW TO THIS SITE, I HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS SITE UNTIL JUST RECENTELY

I do have a tes forum account, Oblivio-Relic-Vvardenfell. I didn't bother joining the forums because I wasn't that big a forum person. I have two pieces of proof, TES Fourm member Maria of Morrowind and this thread from one of my problems when starting on npcs and this other one (here & here)

Three things of note here. First off, you clearly state that you have a BethSoft account at the forums, and have posted there. Thusly, your excuse that you've never heard of it before because you're never on this site isn't credible.

Also, both of those threads are from October of 2007, whereas my thread was made in September of 2006. Your threads were created close to a year after I'd announced my project here at the Nexus, and close to nine months after I announced it on the official forums.

Septim, I don't know what to say... the fact that I was working on Expanded Morrowind, surely tells you that I didn't start oblivion first.

I don't want to change the mod name, and I don't feel you needed to change yours.

Quickly -> sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry and SORRY!

Terminator -> I think about alot more than myself, I give to charity, I support all sub-cultures and religions and stand up for people being bullied in my school.

I try to help others with mods, I do whatever I can to make others happy, but one thing I do not wish to do is chnage something that was not stolen.

Ask Maria of Morrowind at the BethSoft Forums.

I think you should change Blood of Dawn back to Oblivion Expanded. Once again I am looking forwatrd to playing it.

Also I thought that the liscense that BoD is covered by only covers content and not name?

Either way Sorry... that is all I can say.

Hi darksuccubus.

This is whaty we call a dead topic.

Quick... nobody uses it anymore.

What I suggest would be to make a new topic in....

The Nexus Forums > Specific Games > Oblivion > Oblivion Modifications > File Requests/Suggestions

:D

Good luck with your request,

Relic Kylias

Even though you're more or less right RelicKylias, take a look at this page. Vigilantism is not allowed.

darksuccubus: Your post has nothing to do with the subject of this thread, so ask in the File Request forum.

I think I'll just lock this thread now, as RelicKylias' original question about mesh and texutre software was answered, and this thread isn't going the right way. If you feel there's more to discuss on the subject PM each other.

Archived