Skip "Ending Cinematics cycle"...

Zyxpsilon

Anybody found an easy way to just skip the whole sequence of CutScenes (mainly processed along with the CIN_Victory.bk2 movie file with their Audio-Tracks layered onto it from external event-calls) after we kill the last Avatar in the Alien-Fortress mission?

I'd just want to have direct access to the "Four Pages Results" phase -- only!

Ideally via some configurable Mod if possible.. please?? ;)

Robojumper hinted me about the Obj_Fortress.umap file and how it might be possible to use Kismet editing tricks to do what i need.

Sooooo.. i just went into the SDK editor, was able to somehow load the targeted script, took a quick look at multiple curious things in there.. and..

I have absolutely ZERO idea how to handle this giga-mess of super-connections & other special instructions.

Any other help?! :)

Robojumper hinted me about the Obj_Fortress.umap file and how it might be possible to use Kismet editing tricks to do what i need.

Sooooo.. i just went into the SDK editor, was able to somehow load the targeted script, took a quick look at multiple curious things in there.. and..

I have absolutely ZERO idea how to handle this giga-mess of super-connections & other special instructions.

Any other help?! :smile:

I studied the Obj_Fortress.umap, somewhat. You probably need to find the Manitee(s) node, somewhere after it does the avatar check. Not in the beginning (around MissionStart (Blocking) Node).

Good advice.. yet once that "hook" has been found (and proven to be the exact trigger of that whole cinematic process), what has to be done in Kismet to interrupt it -- correctly?

I know, the (customized/resaved).umap file would need to be inserted into the content folder of a "generic/blank" mod for the engine to recognize that it's there. But that is all i can currently grasp code-wise. What eludes me is the Kismet-Language (( It's a visual structure but even UE online help isn't user-friendly, at all! )) and how various details should allow us to control whichever instruction(s) to adapt our goals to a valid code mechanic.