Problems with DLC mods

GarnetSan

I have installed several DLC mods using the correct version of the DLC Patcher using both .dll files and putting their respective DLC_COM folders in the correct place, but there is no impact in the game, and nothing new has shown up. I have tried to activate the Hair Mod as DLC by changing up my save file using Gibbed's tool (this is the official way to use the mod as stated by the author), and the game crashes every time I try to use that save. Other mods like Femshep's Armory or Femshep's closet have proven not to work either.

For what I can guess, I think that for some reason my game is unable to read the DLC mods, thus having no impact in-game and as for the Hair mod, because it can't find the resources the save file is asking for, the game crashes. Does anyone have an idea why? I would very much appreciate the insight on what could have gone wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by GarnetSan

When you apply textures you have to select ADD DLC TREE at the top of ME3Explorer as well and make sure that each DLC has a toc file. CTDs are caused by toc files not being generated :smile: I hope that helps.

Oh! I'll see if it works. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

While I don't believe I've added each of the DLC mods to the tree, there is a nifty little solution beneath femsheps armory that lets you use a utility ( Tankmaster's XML Coalesced compiler/decompiler to use on the DLC folder's Default_DLC_CON_FemShepsArmory.bin.Check the comment section). That allowed me to rename the ID'S from 7-30 to 307-331 after I'd unpackaged the binfile. Then I just repackaged it and dropped it into the cooked folder. Then, of course, I went to auto'toc through me3explorer just to be sure. It was literally way more easier than I believed, since greed won over caution with that one. And the utility was just a drag and dropping of the binfile onto the exe of the utility, editing the biogame xml, then doing the same thing to repackage it into a bin file.

With femsheps closet, I can't tell you because it works for me. Well, almost. there seems to be an issue with the intro outfit changing to the regular burnt digs when you first gain control of femshep, but it really is a minor problem since the other clothes show up in the closet and I can switch it out after Mars.

With the Hairmods, you can only use one each for male and female shephard( I'm sure you're aware of that). Are you using the DLC_CON_HairModcc in conjunction with the mod you picked? And if that's the case, are you using that on a newgame or an existing one?

I remember an incident where the same thing happened to me, and I found it was that I'd copy and pasted more than i was supposed to into the mesh part of the saved editor for hair. It sounds to me like that is what happened with you. Or at least very similar. Something somewhere either has a space or one teensy letter too many.

Edited by Rodumas