ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[Request] toggle crouch to hold crouch

ZigCatt

hi guys

i just started playing the single player of doom an hour ago and one thing immediately annoyed me.

toggle crouch!

this game is pretty much a blast from the past in respect to movement speed and general look and feel. (i mean, this is what we imagined doom to be in our heads 20 years ago)

and along comes toggle crouch and no way to change it. at least no way i was able to find with a quick google search.

most answers to the question "can i have 'hold crouch' instead of 'toggle crouch'" was: "to crouch, press the C-button" (dafuq???)

anyway, if any of you magic people have the same issue and, opposed to me, the ability to whip up a mod to solve this, i, and a lot of other people, would be immensely grateful! =)

greetings

ZigCat

i looked all over the net to find something, but didn't so i did a lil AHK script

#IfWinActive, ahk_exe DOOMx64.exe

$lctrl::
    send {lctrl}
    keywait lctrl
    send {lctrl}
return

#IfWinActive

not perfect and it has a tiny flaw (when mashing buttons while pressing the crouch key, it basically inverts its function), but it works well enough. also, if your crouch gets stuck inverted, pressing the jump key once, will correct it and bring it back to its intended function.

if someone wants to improve on it, please feel free to do so. =)

Edited by Killa B