Game Breaking Critical Glitch/Crash

gamernutt

Ok so I have come upon a possible game breaking glitch which is a little tough to describe. There is an area on the eastern portion of the map that I can not get near without the game freezing up or crashing. The Area I'm referring to consists of Stoney Creek Cave, Mzulft, and the Eastmarch Imperial Camp. Which is a huge problem considering I am on the last quest of the civil war arc (the Imperial Side) and the start of the quest requires me to go to the Eastmarch Imperial Camp. I've Tried Re-installing Several Times and I seem to be able to go anywhere else on the map except this one area. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

try entering windowed mode when you enter the areas? This has solved a few CTD issues for me - also are you approaching from the same place each time? Go to the next nearest location for your fast travel and try go that way....that's all I can offer really...

Cheers

I tried Entering the area In windowed mode but it didn't help, and no matter where I enter this area from it still freezes up or crashes.

• 3 months later...

I've got the same problem - and only in the Mzulft, Stoney Creek Cave, and Eastmarch Imperial Camp area. Everywhere else the game seems fine. I completed the stormcloaks quest much earlier in the game (+/- 30 hours) & had no problem in this area at that time (I'm on +/- 140 hours now.) Haven't tried the windowed mode fix yet.

Previously I was getting a similar CTD anywhere E of Riften, but the fix of deleting all saves, then going to an indoor location & resting >7 days seemed to fix that problem, but isn't helping this one.

The problem started when i was using my old graphics card & continued with the new one, so I doubt its a hardware issue; and it continues with both the latest stable patch and the 1.5 beta patch.

Please post any fix or possible fix you find

Yeah I'm experiencing the same problem in the same area, at first I thought it was mods and the FXAA injector. I can fast travel there, explore the area and discover the camp and the cave. I've tested with TMM 1 command and also on a save where I somehow managed to get to... I think it was save... inch forward save... till I got close enough to tag the marker hehe.

I'm going to try a new save with 0 mods and use the console to explore map and see if i still crash while traveling there... It could be a mod people share in common.

• 1 year later...

Anunnak, on 19 Mar 2012 - 03:38, said:

so I tested the area without mods on a new game with no mods. Still crashes after I pass the same spot

But you didn't remove all custom meshes and textures from your data folder did you?

I bet a corrupted (custom) mesh or texture file is the cause of your crash.