Issues with 1.2

Megaman1221

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now for my tale of woe concerning the update. For some reason now my custom controls for my 360 controller no longer work right.

Default Settings:

A = Interact

X = Sheathe

Y = Jump

B = Menu

My controller settings:

A = Jump

X = Interact

Y = Sheathe

B = Menu

Since the patch the only way my controller works is on default settings. Is there any way to fix this other than being forced to use default controls?

Edit: Let me amend that statement. My custom controls work fine in-game but as soon as i try to use the map (e.g. fast-travel/set marker) or anything in the normal menus they no longer work.

it should be posible to configure it by editing the ini file, but i haven't heard about anyone doing it ith XBOX controller :confused:

Now for my tale of woe concerning the update. For some reason now my custom controls for my 360 controller no longer work right.

Default Settings:

A = Interact

X = Sheathe

Y = Jump

B = Menu

My controller settings:

A = Jump

X = Interact

Y = Sheathe

B = Menu

Since the patch the only way my controller works is on default settings. Is there any way to fix this other than being forced to use default controls?

Edit: Let me amend that statement. My custom controls work fine in-game but as soon as i try to use the map (e.g. fast-travel/set marker) or anything in the normal menus they no longer work.

it should be posible to configure it by editing the ini file, but i haven't heard about anyone doing it ith XBOX controller :confused:

To be clear, i can change the buttons around like usual. It's just that as soon as i do change to "my setup" the buttons stop working in-menu and on the map. Nothing works other than the B button but that's only because i dont change it from the default setting. I just think it's funny that this patch was supposed to help with custom controls but it did the exact opposite in my case. And i can't use KB&M either (not that i want to) because the vertical looking speed has also been messed up and is so low that i can't look up or down anymore without moving my mouse for what seems like hours.

my most recent issue is that I totally needed to restart my newest character as it got to lvl9 and suddenly I couldn't attack. couldn't shout or anything. Just stood there like "derp, whats going on?" with my arms at my side as I got toasted by a dragon. -_-

I tried everything ranging from sitting on a chair, to unequipping everything, to simply closing and re-entering the game.

i couldn't find ANYTHING online that matched my issue and as it randomly started and I couldn't find a way to fix it i'm going to say it's most likely a rare glitch. I've kept my save file in case it can be fixed. But it hasn't happened on my main character or on the new one I made since then.

but yeah the glitch occurred when i leveled up to lvl9, added my perk point to (I think) light armor and left the dungeon I was in. No matter what I did i just couldn't ready my weapon or spells. and shouting did nothing either.

Default Settings:

A = Interact

X = Sheathe

Y = Jump

B = Menu

My controller settings:

A = Jump

X = Interact

Y = Sheathe

B = Menu

I encountered the same issue. So far I haven't found another way to use custom controls without reverting to a pre 1.2 skyrim.

this patch messed me up big time.

just off the top of my head.

1. i have the bookshelf issue

2. more ctds

3. i now get sound issues every one in a while.

4. most dragons no longer attack me. & dart around like supersonic jets, backwards, never land, and when i do manage to drop their health to the point that they flop on the ground they don't, they start flipping around rapidly in the air (to the point that it lags my system to nearly a holt), then once their health reaches zero they do that hovering in place and fliping etc.

5. isn't that enough?

I haven't had a lot of the common problems that I've read about on here, but I've noticed some significant differences:

- Load time / save time is significantly longer.

- Looks like resistances are all gone. I should have 100% resist with Breton + Alteration resist upgrades + Elemental Shield protection perk, and I'm still getting fried by spells.

- Lots of jerkiness in the wilderness, notably when trees are being loaded on the edge of my viewing plane. This was non existent before the 1.2.

- Lots of random lag / jerkiness during combat whether I am outside or inside a dungeon. This happens in small areas where there should be 0 lag, and I get down to like 1 fps sometimes. Not sure what is triggering it, maybe the A.I.?

So much lag sometimes I don't even want to play, whereas before there was absolutely no lag, fps was cruising at 40 ~ 50.

My machine isn't that biggest baddest beast out there, but it defaults to high settings. I have them set to low right now in a desperate attempt to relieve the lag, but I really don't think it's the graphics. Something else is causing the jerkiness that wasn't a problem before the patch. I've checked background apps and updated drivers and everything. This is driving me absolutely nuts.

I want to try reverting but I've played a lot with the new patch, and I'm afraid my saves won't revert well, if at all.

Well, that's my rant. Hopefully next week they will fix this crap. Ugh... :facepalm:

Edited by Caracolito

forgot about the resistances bug. man that was bad. lol

but i do have jerkieness, and fps drops.

Edited by Invisible Man

I had this issue randomly before the patch too, the patch didn't fix it though.

Sometimes when loading my save game I'll notice that my character has changed it's clothes from it's armor that it SHOULD have been wearing to fine clothes that it seems to have randomly acquired somewhere, as I definitely didn't have any in my inventory.

And this is a complete outfit change, shoes, clothes and hat. xD