What The Actually *Beep*

RGCJamesBond

I'm really not happy..I have worked my way up to Gladiator in the Arena to find that my next match is Me Vs. 3 Argonian Prisoners..Are you kidding me? 2 are unarmed and one has a sword! Bare in mind that i'm only level 4, I'm starting to think they dont want lower levels doing good things like the arena..Because that is the worst thing I've ever come across playing these type of games..I find that so unfair and i'm starting to think i'll never pass that part of the game..Not to mention i save before each fight, And i saved before the last match and this one..So if i choose to start from the closest one i have to keep fighting them, and if i choose to start from the other save then i have to start from a massive green ork with a massive warhammer..(Which may i add i found extremely hard)

That stinks, but that's kind of how it goes sometimes. Do you happen to have a quicksave or autosave to help out? It's usually best to at least do a quicksave before taking on a quest or fight, etc (or before trying to pickpocket a weapon off of a guard like i tried :)), if you can help it.

That said, you somehow got to that level, so by all accounts you should be prepared. Give it a shot and try different strategies.

If you're really stuck, you could probably find a little "help" from the console or a mod. It might be cheating, but at least you won't hit a dead end.

Dude, that's some yellow text man! When I first opened the thread I was focusing on the screen in my dark room and I almost tripped backwards. So I just had to type it here. :thumbsup:

I'm not with Gremxula on this one. You should be able to become Arena Champion in level one if you wish. I know I did. :biggrin:

Try using different strategies. Running around in circles and sniping for example. Or if you absolutely have to use the console command as Ponyboy suggested.

Other than that, good luck and welcome to the forums! :D

What I should have said if you are struggling against matched level creatures(4 at the time of your first post). Then the final battle to become Arena champion would be extremely hard as his level is fixed at 10. Also the levelled battles after you become champion also has levelled gold rewards. So starting the arena later would make it easier and put more gold in your pocket.

You only have 5 Arena fights yet you need to gain 6 levels to have an even chance, as you say you struggle at that.

@FnimonSni Yes of course you can do the arena at level 1 all the opponents are matched except one. The champion is fixed at level 10 and you can do a side quest to aviod a fair fight.

Its possible to beat the Arena at level 1 or 2 if you use a bit of strategy and not just try and slash your way through - and you are in vanilla Oblivion. If your using a mod that makes the game harder you will want to be about level 10 or better.

I think the highest level I've ever been as Arena Champion has been a level 3 character and using the steel short sword I obtained in the tutorial quest.

Here's two pages to read that will help you immensely as a low level character in the arena.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Arena_Combatants

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Arena_(faction)