Realism mod request

ita44

I know there is one already in the making but it includes a lot of things I don't really want.

What I'm looking for is something along the lines of Fallout: New Vegas hardcore mode. Basically

*Hunger, thirst, sleep - not satisfying them makes you weaker and can kill you.

*Potions heal over time, not instantly.

*No fast travel

*Debuffs and addiction from drinking too much alcohol or narcotics

Or some other things along the same lines.

I agree, the other overhaul is kind of taking it too far...

1. Food, sleep and drink are necessary.

2. Cold can kill you or at least have negative affects if not dressed appropriate...( full armor, hoods, etc. even if it was only Swimming in Icey water that would do this.

3. Powerful weapons and armor made much more rare.

4. No fast travel ( still the chariot,but far more expensive )

5. The bleeding idea is cool.

I still want the game to be fun and having too many minute obligations could start to feel like a chore...there is definitely a balance to be struck here

2. Cold can kill you or at least have negative affects if not dressed appropriate...( full armor, hoods, etc. even if it was only Swimming in Icey water that would do this.

I still want the game to be fun and having too many minute obligations could start to feel like a chore...there is definitely a balance to be struck here

Exactly, I like the fast healing etc. I wouldn't want to be forced to be a warrior with a shield and restoration magic. Although there are other good stuff there too like horses not fighting (cause that's just plain odd).

As for the cold, I'm not so sure about that. I guess that should depend on the race but Skyrim doesn't really look so cold. I mean, I'm sort of a nord IRL and most of the armor worn by NPCs and the hero seemed to do just fine. Even with bare arms and legs, it wouldn't be so cold if the important parts are covered in fur, not to mention they should be physically in much better condition than today's couch potatoes. Only exceptions could be running around naked or when wet (maybe a wet debuff that needs to be removed near a fire or something).

But yea, basically the most important points would be

-Food/drink/sleep needed, unless you're a vampire

-No fast travel

-Many immersion breaking things removed like fighting horses

-Idiot merchants changed (you can make money by buying the ingredients from alchemists, making potions in their own shop and selling them back), maybe reduce price on made products, increase price for services like cart rides?

-Other minor things like cold weather, alcoholism, potions heal over time etc.

Oh and another thing that got me thinking, but I'm not sure if it's even possibly to change was that when playing a stealth character, shooting an arrow at someone and then sneaking away, they go back to their original position saying "I guess it was nothing", so you can just notch their HP away like that. I mean how stupid are they? Shouldn't they at least get more alert or search more thoroughly after you've done the same trick a few times?

one realism thing i really care about and that really annoys me : when i freakin shoot somebody in the head, an he comes chasing me with an arrow through his skull or neck...that stuff just aint workin for me grrrrrrrrrr

so, headshots with no helmet = instant kill

exceptions - dragons,mammoths, bears, and other big and thick skulled beasts

- undead (draugh, dragon priests, vampires, werewolves )

- npcs wearing helmets >>> but here it gets tricky, the arrow must not impale! it bounces off and/or it takes off the helmet, exposing the head for next shot

Edited by Predfan

When you allready talking about reality in game, what about crossbow? or simple spear? Or : 200 years after oblivion they still don't know how ride and shot arows in the same time.

or...when you work on taning rack with fur of 1pound weight you get leader of 2 pounds! after you get fat and hairs and wash leader in several water baths. interesting.

- when you jump off the horse to fight dragon your stupid horse run to fight him too and die instantly.

- dweomer technology is most advanced in Tamriel. The was had animated machines, steam devices, advanced armor technics but still shot with arows and bows. odd.

-all Inns are absolutely the same . only bartender have a diferent name.

- villages with two houses don't deserve even name.

- I was just kill the dragon near Winterhold stables. I went in to the town and guardsmen near door said to me: " Let me gues. Somebody stole your sweetrolls?" >:(

• 2 weeks later...

i bump this with my post from the Dream mod Thread ^^

realism Mod

-disabled fasttravel

-simple Compass(shows only North no Quests, aggroed monsters or other helpful s***)

-Map shows only places you have visited. Not your own position(happy navigating)

-optional 2d Map with better recognizable roads n stuff

-you can get hints of certain questrelated locations for a good price in taverns

-more expensive carriage rides

-temperature-> warm - normal - cold - f***ing cold - my balls are freezin off

-temperature affects fatigue

-swimming in water makes your armor wet(damn.....^^) when you are wet and it is at least f***ing cold you should change your armor or you freeze to death

-warm covering wardrobe(leather, pelt, fur) works against cold temperature

-cloth and heavy armor can be upgraded with leather, pelt or fur to be better against cold temperature, but weihgs more

-no instant potions..

-consistently eating affects fatigue

-Money weighs 0.1 a coin(+less money to find in the world)

-burden increased (also maybe limited amount of portable heavy objects like weapons or heavy armor)

-arrows weighs

-sleeping at least 8 hrs. in a tavern gives timelimited bonuses(staying always awake affects nothing)

-wounds that can't be healed by potions or spells, they affect special bodyparts like arms, legs, torso and/or head, you need to visit a special healer or a shrine of one of the gods

-you can buy saddlebags for your horse to store loot during your exploration

-horses for followers(also buyable saddlebags)

-Saving only available in Taverns, your home and bonfires you can set

would be effin cool to have a critical wound in the wilderness that disables your speed and/or a arm, and you have to navigate your way to a gods shrine somewhere in the west you have discovered a few days ago :D

sry for my humble english ^^

because now i can run with my dualwielding amazon in her skimpy forsworm armor thru a blizzard and swin between ice floes after i fight a dragon that ist 100 times bigger than me, AND carry a shitton of stuff around, i know magical where i have to run because even if i never heard of the place..i just f***ing know....i know its a fantasy game....but come on ^^

Edited by LegeArtis

Totally agreeing with you.

i bump this with my post from the Dream mod Thread ^^

realism Mod

-disabled fasttravel

-simple Compass(shows only North no Quests, aggroed monsters or other helpful s***)

-Map shows only places you have visited. Not your own position(happy navigating)

-optional 2d Map with better recognizable roads n stuff

-you can get hints of certain questrelated locations for a good price in taverns

-more expensive carriage rides

-temperature-> warm - normal - cold - f***ing cold - my balls are freezin off

-temperature affects fatigue

-swimming in water makes your armor wet(damn.....^^) when you are wet and it is at least f***ing cold you should change your armor or you freeze to death

-warm covering wardrobe(leather, pelt, fur) works against cold temperature

-cloth and heavy armor can be upgraded with leather, pelt or fur to be better against cold temperature, but weihgs more

-no instant potions..

-consistently eating affects fatigue

-Money weighs 0.1 a coin(+less money to find in the world)

-burden increased (also maybe limited amount of portable heavy objects like weapons or heavy armor)

-arrows weighs

-sleeping at least 8 hrs. in a tavern gives timelimited bonuses(staying always awake affects nothing)

-wounds that can't be healed by potions or spells, they affect special bodyparts like arms, legs, torso and/or head, you need to visit a special healer or a shrine of one of the gods

-you can buy saddlebags for your horse to store loot during your exploration

-horses for followers(also buyable saddlebags)

-Saving only available in Taverns, your home and bonfires you can set

would be effin cool to have a critical wound in the wilderness that disables your speed and/or a arm, and you have to navigate your way to a gods shrine somewhere in the west you have discovered a few days ago :D

sry for my humble english ^^

I agree with pretty much everything on your list. I have been looking for a map mod that is more paper-like much like Far Cry 2's immersive map experience. But it doesn't have to be exactly held in the hand. It could be like a book in my inventory. And it does NOT display any marker, other than the hardcoded Strongholds. Looking to create a hardcore mode experience :)