Patch 1.2.

elvinkun

Seriously, is this going to be fixed? My game does not run at all after the patch, or well, the main menu never shows up when I start up the game.

Are you using any Crafting mods (Vals f.ex.)? Uncheck them and try starting the game again. Seems to be working for most people with the same issue ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steam forced the update on me and at first I didn't mind until I noticed to my utter horror...

...I can't get past the start menu to play the game and TESV.exe is no longer recognized as a win32 file :verymad:

I am left unable to play until the patch is pulled and I reinstall (or so I assume) so i just hope its taken off soon and in the meantime :facepalm:

Edited by Deadking7

I ended up seeing a dragon try to swim in mid air, run face first into a tree and get stuck for a few minutes, fight the air, flying in and out of a mountain and fly ass first, all while fighting 1 dragon. If I wasn't too busy laughing as I tried to kill it (I never succeed by the way because it didn't die) I would have been even more pissed about it than I already was. I really wish I had recorded it. Also using the Werewolf howl power crashed my game.

Mine dragons just keep getting stuck in the ground while being resurrected and the random dragon attack spawn rate seems to be 300% what it was before...

As near as I can tell, the patch broke nothing new for me, but my 60+ hour game is still an unplayable wreck. CTD's every few minutes, and I'm stuck in a house (CTD when I leave, without fail). MY new game runs more smoothly, and I'm 4 hours in (1/2 post-patch) without a CTD.

One of the members on the 'official' forum has put together a pretty good case for a memory-mgmt/leak issue:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1298690-confirmation-of-memory-leak

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1299677-confirmation-of-memory-leak-%E2%80%94-page-2/

Still love this game, and I have (some) sympathy for the devs who need to fix it (no sympathy for Bethesda, who must have had some inkling of this issue pre-release), but man, 60 hours in and broken is... disheartening.

Tirick

on the dragons mine just fly in circles and do flips around the area i am at and then get pushed father away as i get close to them, then the fast travel or npcs will not respond cause they are in the area of the dragon and are directing them self to fight it causing pains of me not being able to talk to quest related people that are outside and not allowing fast travel, and another problem which is weird is in solitude i get a random 2 people or some creature trying to attack me but there nowhere to be found then they go away couple seconds later. this is confusing and is starting to make game unplayable due to dragons acting weird and not landing or flying backwards in circles. oh well wait for next patch or a fix then play some more.

Tried playing once now and recieved the first crash in weeks, ini's are reset etc...waiting for the next patch to fix the last patch before updating again...

Oh boy, the more I see and here about this patch, the happier I am that I have a backup of the initial install (v1.1)...with working LAA (no, 4GB Skyrim is not really equal...I have a massive performance loss with that), dragons flying in the right direction, working resistances...I don't even care about corpses potentially coming to my wedding...Bethesda really screwed up this one... :wallbash:

@hoss156: you could give yourself a soul through the console whenever you killed a dragon...;)

Edited by ferkel

Guys, just calm down, yes there are problems now, but remember, they fixed the crucial Rare sleeping NPC animation bug! :biggrin:

It looks like they pick bugs to fix very randomly.

Wonder when there will be a patch to fix what got broken now, hope it's not in three weeks.