Patch 1.2.

elvinkun

when i got the game the issues i had were a couple texture ones, but they were few and far between. :mellow: Then the quest " A cornered rat" dodn't show up in my journal. :confused: ok, thier is a way to fix that with the console, so i was upset only for an hour. However i hadn't encounterd any CTD, for that i was thankfull, i patch the game to 1.2, im running around with my new character and in a blink of an eye im staring at my wallpaper, while i admit its much more elegent then an oblivion CTD i was pissed none the less. :wallbash:

BETHESDA!!! IF YOU CAN READ THIS POST, FIX THE DAMN GAME!!!!!! :wallbash:

Edited by modder3434

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My game was patched last night.

It started just like always - no problem.

None of my saves were missing.

All of my quests were there.

I fought a non-quest dragon last night - no flying backwards, no dying in mid-air, no different than the one I fought Monday.

No res or performance or mouse sensitivity issues that weren't there before (it was last week and before the patch that I spent five minutes watching a mammoth in the distance slowly float up in the sky and return safely to the surface.)

I cannot speak to the elemental resistances issue.

One thing - I am still running totally vanilla - no mods at all.

I only noticed 2 things, Dragons not landing, and elemental resistance... I average 70%+ in all, yet to dragon breaths of fire and I was drinking potions like no tomorrow.

We all know things will get ironed out, I may revert back to 1.1 just gotta disable steam updates... hate it.

@Dan

I actually think the patch removed elemental resistances, broken bookshelves, low-ressed textures, made dragons fly backwards for everyone, the optional is CTD, performance and unresponsive keyboard, unresposnive mouse, mouse stutter...

Well, you get the picture :biggrin:

am glad someone else noticed. I swear since this patch my in game graphics don't look as sharp

@Dan

I actually think the patch removed elemental resistances, broken bookshelves, low-ressed textures, made dragons fly backwards for everyone, the optional is CTD, performance and unresponsive keyboard, unresposnive mouse, mouse stutter...

Well, you get the picture :biggrin:

am glad someone else noticed. I swear since this patch my in game graphics don't look as sharp

Yeah, I though it's my imagination, but then I found some people actually comparing textures before and anfter the patch and I realized it's not.

Seems like this one really attacked only minority of people tho, and different sets for anyone. In my case roads and snow on the roads look like pacman and no matter whether I play low or ultra, they stay this way. I wonder if that could be some leftover from the PS3 patch, where they scaled down textures.

I get more stuttering while walking around, a ton more infact, before radeon pro and 4gb mod helped out a lot by smoothing it out, now I still get stuttering..... I saw my buddies PS3 copy, and yeh quality is crap but to be able to play it smoothly, thats all I ask for.

Yesterday got on to play Skyrim with TESV.exe reverted to pre 1.01 and using large address aware tweak, many hq texture mods with 8xaa 16af Skyrim ran great and was very smooth. I had not had a crash in many, many hours after the memory tweak. System specs: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z, i5 2500K @4.2ghz, 8gb Corsair ddr3 2000 ram, HD6950 2gb video card running 11.11b drivers on Win 7 64bit. Stopped playing, hopped back on last night and it auto updated (I had that turned off in steam and didn't know that setting didn't work.) started Skyrim and had to verify files to get it running. After I loaded my last save (160+ hours into the game) it crashed as soon as I left my house in Whiterun. Restarted and now all my saves are corrupt...damn. Uninstalled then reinstalled, started new game, dragon shows up and is all light purple with no textures...right after I see that....crash.....doh! dammit! Reload and made it to where you exit the first cave and crash.... now every 4-8 minutes it crashes straight to desktop with no error codes. I'm pissed that I wasted all that time in a character just to have it screwed by Bethesda...thanks Bethesda! I am getting tired of buying betas. I figured after the horrible problems Rage went through when released Bethesda would be sure to not let that happen again even though they were not the developer, I still hold them partially responsible because their name is on the box as a publisher. What I want to know is there any way to get back to the original version of Skyrim? Reinstalling made me update before I could play and it wouldn't install while in offline mode, so that didn't work. Any ideas for a fix or just wait till good ole Bethesda decides not to screw pc users even more by ramming more broken crap down our throats. I will be willing to bet some of the gurus on here will fix the game before Bethesda does. Come on community patch! To those that are having no problems with this patch, I'm glad for you, but there are loads of us that are having major problems and want them fixed.

I too have had no issues at all since the patch, thankfully and yes, I've fought two dragons since.

I don't know if I got lucky or if they changed the patch before I got home (doubtful).

I have read that a lot of people had problems because they used the crafting mods rather than just the cosmetic ones most of us are using.

*shrug*

I'm curious... since the patch has anybody gotten a non-quest dragon to actually attack? The best I can get now is they circle able 8 times... maybe blast one sheet of fire or ice without landing and then fly away...

I have like 24 extra dragon souls un-used on this save so it doesn't break the game for me so much but killing dragons was one of my favorite pastimes :-\

Yup, two of them. One rather surprised me in fact. heh