Vanilla houses are GARBAGE

lordandromeda

Like others have said already, when the CK comes out there will be so many house mods you won't even be able to sift through all of them. In fact, the first thing I'm making when it's released is a house in all major cities that don't have one. Then a house in that

underwater city.

When you put in to account the scope of Skyrim, it's easy to see why Bethesda was unable to finish making the homes perfect. Though, Solitude is actually the exception in my eyes. That house is damn near horrible in every way. Even the lighting seems so static and awful, it's like stepping into Oblivion for a second...

But, but wait! We may not have a CK yet, but we can add chests and mannequins and stuff!

Go here, and learn:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/477049-renovate-your-house-with-console/

My Proudspire Manor has plenty of chests and storage now! It's a little awkward, but it's not that bad! :)

As soon as I get hold of the CK I'll probably create some kind of mages/adventurers tower somewhere near the middle of the map. With lots of storage chests, Alchemy sorter etc.

Oh and an RQI chest (Remove Quest Items) This will be the 4th of it kind I've created since Beth added the Quest item flag in Oblivion.

I am SOOOOO with you on this one.... Saying the houses in the game are disappointing is an understatement... It sucks paying off the 25K in Solitude, + the Upgrades, just to realize you'll never be able to put away all your stuff in an orderly fashion, or display the things you want. I really hope the CK comes out soon (As far as I know it's expected to come out in January, right?) and some modder with a big heart can make an awesome estate. I'd give it a shot, but the last time I tried to make a mod was back in Morrowind, and I made Nerevar roll over in his grave (LOL) so I'll just leave the modding to those who are actually good at it. :D