Is it ever safe to make saves outside of the pause menu?

PresidentDylan5

Win 7 Ultimate for Skyrim and other software that i need and doesn't work on modern windows; Win 10 Pro for all of the other stuff.

Edited by Project579

That's quite the setup! :D Baffled at how you made this stable? I'm just setting up a new build and some testing has revealed somewhat frequent crashes, they're a bit odd though. I was able to spawn in 360 windhelm guards at the docks and had them all shooting at me, had about half a frame per second :D but it didn't crash. Then I flew around the map of a bit and crashed as I passed solitude. Memory blocks revealed that I maxed out at 379mb in block 1... Just now I was messing about again and crashed randomly as I entered the Drunken Huntsman, with all autosaving turned off. That was after I installed crash fixes since I didn't know about it until recently. Could this still be a memory problem? Maybe I should look at Skyrim Performance Monitor. If so, do you think the solution would be to use a dual OS like yours?

Also, do you mind if I ask about that modpack of yours? :)

You think we should go over to private messenger since this thread is completely sidetracked now?? :D