Weird npc problem

raigntk

Ok so this isn't a big issue but it's kinda odd so I figured I'd post about it and see if there was a way to fix it. What's happening is that sometimes their lips will not move at all (with most npcs) and some of them work just fine.

anyways here is my mod list (yes I know there isn't much, and I wouldn't mind any recommendations either). I also decided to deleted hgec body but decided to re-install it. Any help is appreciated.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4286/modlist.jpg

Edited by raigntk

One possible cause of the non-moving lips is a game engine limitation. If an NPC starts their dialogue while you aren't facing them their lips won't be moving if you turn around mid speech and look at them. If they start a new dialogue while you are facing them (i.e. two NPCs having a conversation) the lips will go back into lip sync mode.

One possible cause of the non-moving lips is a game engine limitation. If an NPC starts their dialogue while you aren't facing them their lips won't be moving if you turn around mid speech and look at them. If they start a new dialogue while you are facing them (i.e. two NPCs having a conversation) the lips will go back into lip sync mode.

wish that was the case but it isn't. I noticed that some of the npcs seem to have the preset face (when you create a character) and also a few npcs have weird hair (looks like it isn't attached) and also on a few npc I could see the background around their eyes (as if their head was to big)

Have you seen oc3's thread concerning the same problem? Maybe contact oc3 and see what your installs had in common.

hmm maybe..although from the looks of things it seems he just went through the whole uninstall reinstall process and never commented if the problem got fixed. although looking at it now I may need to do an uninstall reinstall cause I did that about....5 times cause I was going nuts on why I couldn't exit sewers...so...yeah...