Looking to activate/deactivate romance

silvergoat

I'm done with Redcliffe Castle and Mages Circle when I realized I missed Leliana's activation for romance. I want to trigger the Marjoline personal quest before I go to Denerim just in case it will not be possible after Denerim. Is there a mod that can turn on or off romance, and/or control personal quests?

I will try a little more searching, but I wanted to post in case someone knows the answer off the top of their head.

I'm done with Redcliffe Castle and Mages Circle when I realized I missed Leliana's activation for romance. I want to trigger the Marjoline personal quest before I go to Denerim just in case it will not be possible after Denerim. Is there a mod that can turn on or off romance, and/or control personal quests?

I will try a little more searching, but I wanted to post in case someone knows the answer off the top of their head.

Well, I found a mod that allows me to activate or deactivate a romance, unfortunately, it will not let me get any of the dialog choices that will let me trigger Leliana's personal quest. It sucks because I built her up to be an archer (I hate archers, but I wanted to give it a try) and now I can't get Marjoline's Bow.

If anyone has any input on either the bow or the personal quest, post it anyways.

You can go to Denerim any time you want. It is doesn't open OR close that PQ. You also don't have to have Leli past "Friendly". It doesn't require an active romance.

The trigger is an encounter as you're traveling across the map. Short of using the toolset to edit your save, I don't know of a way to reset those plot flags. Since once the save is over 1MB, the toolset can't open it anyway, I don't think that's an option for you. :tongue:

You can go to Denerim any time you want. It is doesn't open OR close that PQ. You also don't have to have Leli past "Friendly". It doesn't require an active romance.

The trigger is an encounter as you're traveling across the map. Short of using the toolset to edit your save, I don't know of a way to reset those plot flags. Since once the save is over 1MB, the toolset can't open it anyway, I don't think that's an option for you. :tongue:

lol- yep, I tried triggering it by travelling 5x the normal amount just to try to get the effect, but it would not happen......I didn't even get Old Tegrin until I activated her romance.

I do love this game so I will likely play again......not to get off topic, but how did we get DA2 from this masterpiece of a game!?!?

You do have to have advanced the relationship with her to a certain point. Can't just shut her down. Is that what you did?

I didn't intend to shut down the dialog, but by the time I was done with the Witherfang quest (I went there first after Lothering), she was no longer giving me any dialog options within the "I want to ask you something" submenu. All I had were the story options.

Google is your friend:

2nd post, this thread on the BSN:

Here are the steps to trigger Leliana's quest:

1) Select the dialogue option "I've heard that in Orlais, minstrels are often spies."

2) Eventually upon returning to camp, she'll initiate a dialogue with you admitting that she lied about why she left Orlais. It should be the next time you return, unless a different companion's cut scene takes priority.

3) Travel with Leliana in your party to trigger a random event that gives you the quest.

There is a bug where you can miss out on the dialogue option about minstrels being spies if you get her approval too high too quickly, but I believe the latest patch should have fixed that. If you think that might have happened though and you have the Feastday gifts and pranks DLC you can play around with her approval that way. Use the pranks to lower her approval until the dialogue option appears and then use the gifts to bring it back up again.

Of course, you can always use the console command instead of the FeastDay Pranks to lower and raise her Approval.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

Google is your friend:

2nd post, this thread on the BSN:

Here are the steps to trigger Leliana's quest:

1) Select the dialogue option "I've heard that in Orlais, minstrels are often spies."

2) Eventually upon returning to camp, she'll initiate a dialogue with you admitting that she lied about why she left Orlais. It should be the next time you return, unless a different companion's cut scene takes priority.

3) Travel with Leliana in your party to trigger a random event that gives you the quest.

There is a bug where you can miss out on the dialogue option about minstrels being spies if you get her approval too high too quickly, but I believe the latest patch should have fixed that. If you think that might have happened though and you have the Feastday gifts and pranks DLC you can play around with her approval that way. Use the pranks to lower her approval until the dialogue option appears and then use the gifts to bring it back up again.

Of course, you can always use the console command instead of the FeastDay Pranks to lower and raise her Approval.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

I appreciate the response, but I knew which response I had to trigger.....after the option disappeared from the conversation submenu. The Orlais option doesn't come up.....only a big fat {Nevermind} when I choose the dialog options that would normally prompt personal questions. With the romance option triggered I do have the "lets talk about us" option. Actually, it's all kind of goofy now. Triggering the romance with the mod changed some things, but didn't change others (i.e. no dialog option for bed). I also re-spec'd the character since I don't have access to the bow anymore....can't help but feel like I cheated.

Edit: I did also try the gifts to lower her approval, but they did not get me the dialog option needed to prompt the quest.

I still would like to finish the side quest, but it doesn't look like it will be possible unless it can be triggered with a mod because my dialog options no longer allow.

Edited by silvergoat

• 4 years later...

this is old but in case anyone is still wondering, you can trigger different scenes and activate stages of romance using console. runscript zz_app_debug lets you edit romance flags and runscript zz_ran_debug lets you trigger random encounters (such as zevran and talisen, or leliana and the assassin). you do need to activate console, but you can learn how on the dragon age wiki at the page "Console (Origins)"

Question one: Was the item you found for Leliana's Quest called "Meta Items". I think that could help. Otherwise I'm out of ideas.

Question two: have you tried aldan's zz_ran_debug choice? Maybe forcing the encounter with the assasins can get you to Activate Marjolaine's location without requiring previous dialogue options.

Question three: Marjolaine's Recurve isn't the best bow in the game, so... why??

Question four: Have you considered installing Awakening in the OC and the Lowering Awakening Skill requirements mods? Archers deal, by far, and I mean by faaaar the highest DPS in the game with Accuracy into Aim. If you're using Combat Tweaks you lose the interaction of Aim doubling Accuracy's crit chance but with a little bit of tweaking you can work through that.

Also, remember that Repeater Gloves are mandatory on your party's archer and I would also include Sorrows of Arlathan if you don't have the fix for haste actually delaying aim speed (Gloves' aim reduction -3.0 seconds, Arlathan is -1.0, everything else is a crappy -0.3 or the like) .

If you install Awakening in the OC, Leliana becomes the highest DPS and also the most difficult person to kill on your team (Leggionaire Scout+pure-dex build). That is a complete reversal on archer's roles in Origins.

And finally, please do tell us if any of our solutions where of any help to you. I hate when people ask questions, they get solutions, and never again post to tell wether the solutions worked (I'll admit to have done this perhaps more than once, myself)

Edit: AAAAaaaaand I just Necro'ed a five year old thread. But thanks for the advise, aldan. I did get into trouble with this.

Edited by addictinsane9