Customizing NPCs via console

snackynak

*A wild Forum Lurker appears!*

Ok, so I've been wondering, is it possible to change a npc's facial/skin tone/hair appearance with the console? For instance, when I type in "help [racename] 4" I get a list of npcs, sound files, ect and their respective id#s. But there's also some files called "HDPT", file's that correspond to the different customizing options found in the racemenu option, only it also lists their refids as well.

So is there a console command that can be used to load these HDPT files into a selected NPC?

The short answer is ...no.

But, you can use the showracemenu command to make changes to your current character. Just be careful to not change the RACE, it borks your racial powers and possibly a couple other issues if you do.

You can change Height, get them naked and I think even attributes, not sure if you can do what you're asking.

However, here is a full list, just CTRL+F and see what you can dig up, it's pretty crazy how much is actually possible in console commands, that matched with a batch file is pretty insane.

Here is the Link.

Hmm, i did find this command that looked interesting: MatchFaceGeometry, , Actor ~ Value butafter fooling around with it, there doesn't seem to be any effect

• 6 years later...

The annoying thing is you can do it in Fallout 4 by using their id and showlookmenu (slm); except for Curie who needs a spawn clone workaround due to her multi-race nature.

Actually the worst thing about not being able to do it in-game is that the easiest fix for the dark-face bug is to open the racemenu and tweak skin-tone by a smidge, you can then reset it to the previous setting, the second its tweaked the bug disapates, for a while at least. But you can only do it on player-character in skyrim.

Edited by goatcha