Generalist build, stamina important?

endgamecutter

The first time I played I was mainly a destruction based wizard (switching to sword or bow when Out Of Mana) but this time I want to focus more on, well, not having a focus. Obviously I'm going to wind up putting my perk points into the skills I find fun (feel free to make recommendations if you want) but the character is at least going to wind up a hybrid. The topic of this post however, is the stats and which ones I should boost. I'm not too sure how important stamina is for weapon skills, and I don't know how much mana is really going to be necessary, especially sicne high level magic seems to be built around reducing magic costs to nil.

So it essentially boils down to what sort of stat spread should I be looking for? one point in each per 3 levels? Also, is there really much point in going light over heavy armor? I do intend to sneak attack enemies, but I figure I could just cast muffle or wear cloth boots like I usually did in Oblivion. Also, is there any race particularly suited to the generalist? I'd prefer a human race, since I tend to hate elves (pretentious pricks) and they look hideous in Skyrim, but I could always download that face replacer mod if elves are worth it. Oh, and just a curiosity question, but is it possible to get rid of that wrinkled forehead all the races seem to have? they really bother me, since I'm going for a sort of "brash young jackass" look. Thanks in advance.

Edited by endgamecutter