Impossible total convertion - but its genious!

VreyAar

As it happens, I was reading the "Memories of Ice" as i was playing Skyrim.

Visual parallels and similarities are impossible to ignore. I often ended shouting "Have a taste of Omtose Phellack suckers!!" when using ice magic. :P

(even though i was playing a Khajit but the game is half larping anyway so... what the hell)

The whole Skyrim as a setting has almost everything needed to turn it into a Malazan game.

Argonians can be used to represent K Chain Che Malle. Draugr are almost perfect Tlan Imass. (minus the bone helmets and stone swords)

The orcs are perfect Jhaggut.

All the famous characters can be made easily, from Bridgeburners (females have an equal role in Skyrim already) to any other. It even has Dragons and several types of "elves" who can serve as different Tiste Andu races.

Making one with black skin, white hair and a giant black sword wouldnt be a problem at all.

All you need for Hounds is making the usual dog models a "little bigger" and maybe not so hairy :)

Magic itself is a good base to start the work and change it into control of the Warrens type of thing.

As for the story itself, it could easily follow the first books or try to recreate some specific parts because its generally better to start small rather than building a whole thing.

So maybe a battle or two, some specific event would be enough for starters.

The player can be a new Bridgeburner recruit and go on to prove himself.

Its perfect!

All i now need is for someone else to see the light and mod it all instead of me, cause i have no idea about modding.

:P

• 2 weeks later...

I do read books but I never read this one...

Cmon,

no one likes the idea? Nothing to say at all?

Or you all just saw im not actually making it and giving it to you so thats all you care about?

Ehm, about that... When people do this sort of thing, the number one way to see that it happens isn't to just lean back and say do it for me. As it is now I have enough on my plate for modding, but I suggest to you that you take action and start recruiting people to get anywhere. This way you will be able to see the work in progress and manage all the resources for the mod while you never actually model, texture or program anything.

Lichy ... for christ sake...

Budz, budy - i did not lean back and asked anyone to do it for me.

I SAID that im not doing it because i didnt want to lie to anyone and i just said the truth, as it is.

What i wanted to know is are there other people around here, familiar with Malazan setting and maybe talk about what would be good to do, for the start.

Sarcastic or not, the line

All i now need is for someone else to see the light and mod it all instead of me, cause i have no idea about modding.
is a real repellant for most single modders - remember that sarcasm needs to be blatantly obvious to come across chat. Anyway, the line you pointed out is more or less a metaphor in which most mod requests are presented across the board for a lot of games.

Nevertheless, I was merely advertising an option that you could take to make your idea come about. Again, I've never read the book, but you seemed to come across rather ambitious and excited from your post and thought that you could use some help getting started. Despite this enigmatic misconception, I wish you luck on developing your ideas.

Yes it was a joke by which i honestly say how much i could do myself - POSTED IN A PART OF FORUMS WHERE PEOPLE ASK FOR (request) MODS THEY WOULD f***ing LIKE!

I dont really care what you misunderstood and what your own misconceptions are and how much insulting it is to you if someone said honestly how much himself can mod!

I dont need your brain farts, nor your advices nor your posts!

Is that simple enough?