Help with Survival Suite - HTS Hunger Thirst Sleep

ComicKaze

I've been using and enjoying the Survival Suite from Hughes Dylan http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2436

This is probably my favorite sleeping, eating, drinking mod. Somebody even combined it with Get Wet so that your character could drink from rivers, etc. My problem is that the mod says you should be able to buy waterskins and bedrolls from every inn/bar/trader and in playing for weeks I have yet to come across one. I need a waterskin to fill up water and a bedroll for portable sleeping. I've tried searching for the itemcodes but I guess they are custom items.

Does anybody else use this mod and can they buy waterskins? Any idea why they are missing from my game? I am not running any major conflicting mods, only OOO 1.32 RC5.

Thanks, this would make my game perfect if I could get this working.

Sounds like a problem with the mod, water skins are definitely custom items.

I know of only one mod with one vendor that sells bedrolls. Could be a loading order problem.

For every mod there is a corresponding thread that is automaticly created over here in the forum. That would be the best place to get answers on a particular mod.

Goodluck,

I tried to goto the corresponding thread but it said:

"Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken."

I've found that it's OOO that is causing these custom items to not appear at the stores. I have to unload OOO, buy all that I can, then quit and reload OOO in order to have these items appear in the stores (since the waterskins runs out). If I buy them with OOO unloaded then I can have them and their functionality is fine in the normal game. I guess that is the main problem, why would OOO make items not available to buy? Do you modders know how to fix it? I have played around with the construction editor and wyre bash somewhat before and I could fix it myself if I knew where to start.

Thanks, this is one of the best add immersion/realism mods to the game that I have tried. There are waterskins, bedrolls, ration packs, etc. and all food in the game has a caloric value and is edible. If using the version combined with the getwet mod, you can even quench your thirst when it rains or in rivers, etc. aside from the wells this mod adds to the game.

I don't use OOO, but my understanding is there is not much it doesn't change in terms of game play.

Overhaul is Overhaul.

The problems you are most likely running into are the leveled lists that may be determining what will be in the merchant inventories. It sounds like you really love this Survival Suite mod.

You may have to make a decision about which mod is more important to you.

As a rule, I personally avoid game overhaul mods. I know they go to a great deal of trouble to avoid conflicts with other mods and many mods will tell you in the readme that they are compatible with this or that OM but many do not. If you decide to go with OOO you may need to check the readmes of every other mod, you install to make sure there are not going to be any conflicts.

I like to "play" in the construction set so I have to keep things simple.

Someone who better understands OOO can probably go into detail on how you might go about resolving this particular conflict.

I'm sure some one somewhere can solve the problem. The place I would go is the OOO thread here or at bethsoft for help.

Good luck,

BTW I think OOO has a website of its own. Try this as a place to start.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul 1.3 Readme

http://jorgeoscuro.googlepages.com/ooo1.3readme.html

Thanks,

"Generally, I would avoid using any mods that change leveled lists, whether they change items, creatures or NPCs, with OOO, unless you know exactly the extent and effect of the resulting mixture"

Quote from the OOO website under Compatibility List

I made the word "items" bold. It's a huge site; the scope of his work is very

impressive. There are also instructions on using Wrye Bash.

Hope this helps,

Stormraven

• 2 years later...